Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Salford Away

RUREADY2ROLL

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Thought Salford was one of the best teams we’ve played this season 

Very comfortable on the ball, don’t lump it very often and are always looking for that perfect final ball - very much like us.

I had said to junior, that I hadn’t seen a good or particularly bad team this season (that we had played), but I agree with you - they were the best we have played.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

Get what he’s trying to say 

1-0 leads in a higher league against better opposition won’t always result in a win. Hence us needing to score more 

However that is dependent on how the back 4 performs. If we keep a large number of clean sheets then 1 goal is always enough 

His comment can only apply if we kept the same players and didn't improve in any way.

A division higher, our squad strengthened, young players developing etc.

As you say, one nil is always enough if you don't concede.

• Members
3 hours ago, RatchetMan said:

Better quality opposition. Havent we played Crewe twice this season and they’ve looked   a much better side each time

Yeah how do you know we won’t be beating teams in that league by a single goal ? 

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Yeah how do you know we won’t be beating teams in that league by a single goal ? 

I’d be more than happy to beat all the teams in L1 by a single goal Rudy but hope that with a few additions we can do better than that. To be honest, I don’t fear anybody when we get up there. Just as IE has improved the team this year with his hands tied by wages and embargo’s, I’m confident he’ll do the same again, so hopefully we won’t have to suffer cardiac arrests at the end of every game? 😜🤛

• Members
21 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

Because the gulf in class between leagues 1 and 2 is huge.

Is it? 
How many league one games have you watched this season? 

We’re a league one side in league 2, we can only beat the teams in front of us, which we have been doing for a good while now. 

It’s not a huge gap at all it’s a smaller gap than the PL & Championship

We’re doing what we need to to get out of this league, we’ll strengthen in the summer and I’m confident we’ll have a good crack at league one as well 

23 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

Because the gulf in class between leagues 1 and 2 is huge.

See that’s where I disagree with you. 

it isn’t. Depending on whose come down from the champ there can be a couple of big fish but on the whole the step up isn’t too big at all. Hence why many clubs do double promotions in quite a small period of time. 

ive said before we have the nucleus of a L1 side. A few more additions, little bit more quality in certain areas and greater depth and well handle ourselves quite well in L1