Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Happy Beer Garden Day.

leigh white

A pub a couple of miles away from here has just been shut down by the council, as their "outside area" isn't outside enough - apparently if they sort it out, they can re-open tomorrow. They've got a massive marquee up, so I'm guessing they had 3 sides up instead of just 2.

Loads of the other village pubs are apparently doing a roaring trade though, with folk queueing outside waiting for tables to become available

• Site Supporter

Crown isn’t open.

Toll Bar across the road is, and the pavement outside couldn’t look more Shameless and pikey if it tried.

Driving through Adlington and Chorley it looks like probably 50% are closed today.

We really are a nation of pisscans.

For me, folk are wanting to get back to some kind of normality. I don't want to go to the pub yet, but I'm pleased that we're a little further along the road to some sort of freedom. It's a  feel good factor possibly, for those queueing outside shops & pubs, etc. Each to their own....

I'm waiting until it warms up a bit, although I'll be happy to attend local cricket...

May have to sit in the car watching it!

Just had the dog at the vets on Bury Rd. Had to wait outside for 20 mins, bowling green sun terrace sounded rowdy then kicked off. Vet receptionist said it was third fight she'd seen this afternoon there. 😂 Normality didn't take long to return 

19 minutes ago, Zico said:

All the beer gardens packed round our way 

One booked solid all day for next 8 weeks 

Mates at Rivi club, looks sedate

The locals in Leigh were very giddy, never heard as much mirth and merriment, you'd think they'd not been to a pub in over 5 months.

I was out  and about round West and North Manchester yesterday

Bob inn on Bolton Market - ten sat outside boozing at 9.30 am

Station Bar Eccles - a handy 20 lads sat outside at dinnertime

fullest beer gardens - Royal Sovereign, Eccles (family crowd would lose a row with the station bar) and The Ostrich near Heaton Park. Surprisngly that big pub near Heaton Park the Woodthorpe was closed

Biggest queue of the day- a good 30  waiting on Bradshawgate to get in the already full  Swan in Bolton circa 6pm

14 hours ago, Zico said:

Took dog for a walk, two police vans outside the local Holts pub 

Same place had to call the cops out six times when things reopened on July 1st

Possibly arresting the Landlord for "Crimes against Ale" for serving shitty Holts

I've had big sessions at Holts pubs and the hangovers are usually markedly less severe.

I reckon' their stuff is far closer to nature.

It's a yes from me.

Pity my local is now a school, until they (the new owner, not the school) can figure out a way to kill all the trees and slip brown envelopes for housing development.

This is alleged btw, although they might be minded that 'loose lips...' 😉

10 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I've had big sessions at Holts pubs and the hangovers are usually markedly less severe.

I've always found hangovers from drinking Crystal/Gold/Diamond are usually much worse than supping 'owt else.  I do enjoy a pint of Gold though.