Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Happy Beer Garden Day.

leigh white

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

As I say, that'll be the cost now - it just needed colour stripping and that took three goes!

So it was always going to be pricey, hence why its a birthday treat. She's been very frugal for 8 years and spent money on the kids rather than herself (and they aren't even her kids) so she deserves to be spolit. 

They all do occasionally mate, good on you

4 hours ago, Rudy said:

I had you down as an intellectual but this disproves it. 
Good god.

Ha ha, good god I'm no intellectual (I mean I'm.probably a step.or two up from BD, but that's nowt to crow about)

Don't mistake knowledge of cultural touch points as intellectualism. Just because you have been to an opera, drop a few quotes in the right context and read a history book once in a month doesn't make you an academic. Similarly paying 400 quid for a haircut might lack commonsense rather than IQ. Problem with this country is classism,  we're too tied up in it.

Having said that, yesterday I had a meeting with a professor from the said business school at the uni of Oxford. Now, I work with quite a few people who went to oxbridge so that wasn't what threw me, it was the fact he was called Pegram. Now you just know he's from a different world to survive with that name.

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Having said that, yesterday I had a meeting with a professor from the said business school at the uni of Oxford. Now, I work with quite a few people who went to oxbridge so that wasn't what threw me, it was the fact he was called Pegram. Now you just know he's from a different world to survive with that name.

Sounds like a knight

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Cheese said:

My brother-in-law reopened his barbershop yesterday and some mad bastards queued outside for 4 fucking hours. Between him and his mate, they did 450 haircuts in one day. Mental.

If they did 12 hours each, that's one every 3 mins each

Something whiffs

• Members
1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Ha ha, good god I'm no intellectual (I mean I'm.probably a step.or two up from BD, but that's nowt to crow about)

Don't mistake knowledge of cultural touch points as intellectualism. Just because you have been to an opera, drop a few quotes in the right context and read a history book once in a month doesn't make you an academic. Similarly paying 400 quid for a haircut might lack commonsense rather than IQ. Problem with this country is classism,  we're too tied up in it.

Well could be said for the other way around, don’t mistake a weed smoking hip hop listener who loves cars and Kung fu films for someone not having a PHD 🙂

Not that you would like 

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Nope no wind up. Needed colour stripping, then cut and highlights.

It actually only cost £315 but then I got fleeced into buying a range of products for her that I was adding to her birthday stuff. Thought it'd be about 50 maximum.

It is an expensive place, had mine done there - wash and cut but it was still £60.

there is nothing about this that is normal

put a colour on my mrs hair on Sunday 

i dont recall receiving any payment and it was such a really difficult thing to do 

wish she had just thrown £400 at Tracy in the local "salon" instead ,what a dick i am 

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Cheese said:

My brother-in-law reopened his barbershop yesterday and some mad bastards queued outside for 4 fucking hours. Between him and his mate, they did 450 haircuts in one day. Mental.

They were queueing outside the one opposite Morris Dancers until gone 5:00.

Dancers was shut.

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

At 3 mins a haircut between two would it not take 11hrs 15 or am I talking through my hoop?

If they all had Action Man cuts it would be a calculation, but it only takes one Phil Oakey and a Flock of Seagulls to fuck your sums up.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

They were queueing outside the one opposite Morris Dancers until gone 5:00.

Dancers was shut.

You've quoted my fucking idiotic post. They did 45 haircuts. I think my brain went "45 doesn't sound that many. He must have said 450", and didn't process it any further before farting it out on here. Apparently, 2 people doing 45 haircuts in a day IS a lot.