Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe Away

barryk32

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Any luck the hotel will put some tables outside, and have a promotion special. :)

I was wondering this. Just fill the whole car park behind the hotel with tables, loads of beer stalls so that they can cater for everyone, only let people book in 6’s, loads of staff in so they can do table service - all COVID boxes ticked but one massive beer “garden” for bolton fans.

Dunno the rules on iFollow for the clubs showing on a big screen but I’m sure we could pay someone to allow it. Cash earner for the club too.

Highly unlikely to be possible for all sorts of reasons (sure police would tell you to fuck off before you even looked at anything else) but it would be class in principle.

• Members
16 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I was wondering this. Just fill the whole car park behind the hotel with tables, loads of beer stalls so that they can cater for everyone, only let people book in 6’s, loads of staff in so they can do table service - all COVID boxes ticked but one massive beer “garden” for bolton fans.

Dunno the rules on iFollow for the clubs showing on a big screen but I’m sure we could pay someone to allow it. Cash earner for the club too.

Highly unlikely to be possible for all sorts of reasons (sure police would tell you to fuck off before you even looked at anything else) but it would be class in principle.

WHEN we bring the L2 trophy home at the stadium , De Havviland way will be bursting at the seams 

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Eddie said:

Yep.

If not allowed just yet, then maybe do something like it after season has finished.

A promotion party (if we get there) with ale tents, food stalls, big screens showing highlights, and appearances/speeches from the players. 

Yep.

If not allowed just yet, then maybe do something like it after season has finished.

A promotion party (if we get there) with ale tents, food stalls, big screens showing highlights, and appearances/speeches from the players. 

It would be good if the club did something for the season ticket holders who did not ask for a refund . 

Just now, Ani said:

It would be good if the club did something for the season ticket holders who did not ask for a refund . 

I think we’re probably past that stage tbh in terms of 2019/20 given we’ve got 8,000 folk who’ve paid full whack for 2020/21. A few quid renewal discount for 2021/22 will do for me.

All for another thread anyway really.

Back on topic I must admit that I’m surprised with how well Morecambe have done to keep pace with everyone else. Hopefully they’re due a crumble. 

Yep.

That would be mint, what a great idea. I've already emailed Sharon and claimed it was my idea, now she wants to meet me to discuss plans  (only joking btw)

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

That would be mint, what a great idea. I've already emailed Sharon and claimed it was my idea, now she wants to meet me to discuss plans  (only joking btw)

👍

Start with a brief remembrance ceremony for those we've lost, players and fans, then move on to a party.

A set of nets, so kids can take pens at grandad Gilks, and other such activities whilst dads go on the lash.

15 minutes ago, anthonyj said:

Hurley Flyer is closed, but William Mtchell (about 10 min walk from ground is open on a first come first served basis).

They've also got a marquee.

Just seen the William Mitchell on Facebook looks good set up but imagine full of family’s