Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe Away

barryk32

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

I will take the ugliest, nervy, desperate shittest Phil parky anti football on Saturday as long as it means we take home 3 points 

I know we had a lot of anti football with Parky but leading up to promotion we were scoring for fun and battering teams. Any result Saturday will do but for once if we score first I hope we are not hanging on for an hour because it’s not good for your health; we are good enough of playing the same game and getting a second or more

• Site Supporter
Just now, RUREADY2ROLL said:

I know we had a lot of anti football with Parky but leading up to promotion we were scoring for fun and battering teams. Any result Saturday will do but for once if we score first I hope we are not hanging on for an hour because it’s not good for your health; we are good enough of playing the same game and getting a second or more

Parky had a squad of players with Premier league and championship experience. We've got a squad with some championship experience in Lee and an old head in Baptiste, (some with John). Combined with lower league players, loans and cast offs.

Miles apart, and one manager getting a synergistic relationship amongst his team, and the other whose product was less than the sum of its parts.

It certainly is nervy right now, but I'll settle for it given where we were.

I’m just glad the games at their place. I think they’d have raised their game more at the Unibol and there would have been more pressure on us. With no fans in the ground but probably one or two of ours outside making themselves heard, I think the pressures going to be more on them than us in Morecambe. We need to start quickly, assert ourselves from the off and for once take a few of the numerous chances we’re at last creating.

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I’m just glad the games at their place. I think they’d have raised their game more at the Unibol and there would have been more pressure on us. With no fans in the ground but probably one or two of ours outside making themselves heard, I think the pressures going to be more on them than us in Morecambe. We need to start quickly, assert ourselves from the off and for once take a few of the numerous chances we’re at last creating.

Kind of learn something from bottom of the league Grimsby? 👍

4 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Me too Rudy but let’s hope it doesn’t eventually come down to goal difference because over the last few games Morecambe have significantly improved theirs with a few big wins. A 1-0 win in our remaining games will do it but any slip up and we might suffer because of it. Let’s hope not.

Their GD is only 2 better than ours and after we've beaten them they won't have a better GD than us and they'll be 4pts behind with 2 to play.

Santos said it himself last night “when we start games like that no one can live with us”

that’s how we should be starting every game. On the front foot, positive and knocking the ball around with confidence. 

they know what they need to do so up to them to deliver it. If they start off like the above we will come away with something 

2 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Santos said it himself last night “when we start games like that no one can live with us”

that’s how we should be starting every game. On the front foot, positive and knocking the ball around with confidence. 

they know what they need to do so up to them to deliver it. If they start off like the above we will come away with something 

I think I've already mentioned I know how things are going to pan out from the first touches in central defence, Baptiste and Santos have turned out to be big players for us and our possession style and we know they were sometimes flat footed last week end.

Front foot and get attem is the way

8 minutes ago, Dimron said:

I think I've already mentioned I know how things are going to pan out from the first touches in central defence, Baptiste and Santos have turned out to be big players for us and our possession style and we know they were sometimes flat footed last week end.

Front foot and get attem is the way

Yep said the same myself. They slowly pass between themselves you know it’s a long afternoon 

if they’re snappy and looking to pass in to Williams, Tomasson or the full backs you know they’re all ‘on it’ 

Feels like we are lacking a bit in confidence maybe the confidence that comes with scoring more and being more comfortable in games . I’m not having a go I think we’ve done fantastic and think Evatts produced a minor miracle to get us into third place . 

4 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Parky had a squad of players with Premier league and championship experience. We've got a squad with some championship experience in Lee and an old head in Baptiste, (some with John). Combined with lower league players, loans and cast offs.

Miles apart, and one manager getting a synergistic relationship amongst his team, and the other whose product was less than the sum of its parts.

It certainly is nervy right now, but I'll settle for it given where we were.

Spot on. 

IE has shown he has been more than capable of fixing where we're going wrong over time. We've made massive improvements since January. 

Yes we need to be more clinical and see games out. That will come with the right players and more work on the training ground. Let's scramble our way up by whatever means necessary in the meantime. 

8 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Spot on. 

IE has shown he has been more than capable of fixing where we're going wrong over time. We've made massive improvements since January. 

Yes we need to be more clinical and see games out. That will come with the right players and more work on the training ground. Let's scramble our way up by whatever means necessary in the meantime. 

Exactly we need to get up however it takes. I can’t go a full season of watching us hang on for the last 20- 30 minutes no matter who we are playing 

1 hour ago, barrycowdrill said:

Yep said the same myself. They slowly pass between themselves you know it’s a long afternoon 

if they’re snappy and looking to pass in to Williams, Tomasson or the full backs you know they’re all ‘on it’ 

Is it a BWFC thing?

I remember from being a season ticket holder the buggers would sometimes stroll out onto the grass and the next time they'll come out like a set of greyhounds.

I could never predict it

• Members
22 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Is it a BWFC thing?

I remember from being a season ticket holder the buggers would sometimes stroll out onto the grass and the next time they'll come out like a set of greyhounds.

I could never predict it

Suppose it’s how the other team set up, drop deep and have two banks of 4 and we have to try and draw them out of their positions, a lot easier to shift the ball when the opposition are running at a high tempo

We should be controlling the pace more but it’s difficult in this league especially at home because every one wants a scalp off us because we are MASSIVE 

Was pretty nervous before the game last night dread to think what I will be like Saturday.

Any news on John and Gilks ? 

Think John has not been as good last two games but our best left back by some way. 
Any issues with Gilks would scare me, with a near injury albeit late wonder if we get a keeper on bench ?

Edited by Ani

Aye it’s a big improvement on recent years

My only concern is how woeful we’re from set pieces never known anything like it and that’s nowt to do with player ability 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Ani said:

Was pretty nervous before the game last night dread to think what I will be like Saturday.

Any news on John and Gilks ? 

Think John has not been as good last two games but our best left back by some way. 
Any issues with Gilks would scare me, with a near injury albeit late wonder if we get a keeper on bench ?

I think that there’ll be a goalie on the bench on Saturday.

4 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Tend to agree, go toe to toe with them from the off, play our football maybe try a few efforts from outside the box. Hopefully sarcevic will be back and fonz to for his experience.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

If John is out I’d prefer Jackson over Brockbank

appreciate neither have had much football recently but Brockbank looked well off it last night and we need that left footed balance 

Agreed with Jackson. As formlast night's subs- it was difficult for them all as we were increasingly under the cosh having settled for a 1-0.

31 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

If John is out I’d prefer Jackson over Brockbank

appreciate neither have had much football recently but Brockbank looked well off it last night and we need that left footed balance 

Brockbank in goal if Gilks doesn’t make it?