Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe Away

barryk32

9 hours ago, SatanGreavsie said:

remember the splendidly named Geoff Crudgington of Plymouth going up front against us when we beat them 7-2 in 1984 after he got crocked but there were no subs and someone else went in goal.

Geoff Crudgington - Wikipedia

Is that the game comstive scored from 2 corners? If so no wonder they put him upfront.

just checked I’m about 7-8 years to early & against Bournemouth. 😂

Edited by Mounts Kipper
Fucked up on date of game.

29 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Thanks, now I remember, the mists of time now clearing, just woke up. 

Comstive was still in diapers then.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Me either. Seemed to be able to do everything simple there but that’s about it 

Think he's a centre half in the making, though he's done OK at full back. Was playing at the start of our winning run too, and just got unlucky with a knock.

Shit he certainly isn't, he cares about the club and doesn't take undue shit off senior players neither.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Jackson surely walks in to the team if DJ is out.

If Brockbank has to play then I’d hope we stick him at right back and Jones goes on the left as at least he looked marginally more comfortable there than Brockbank did. 

Definitely this.

I think that he's not been on the bench because of the restricted number of loan players allowed in a matchday squad.

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Jackson surely walks in to the team if DJ is out.

If Brockbank has to play then I’d hope we stick him at right back and Jones goes on the left as at least he looked marginally more comfortable there than Brockbank did. 

That makes both full back positions weaker; IMO I wasn’t overly impressed with Jackson but better than Brockbank on the left

5 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

That makes both full back positions weaker; IMO I wasn’t overly impressed with Jackson but better than Brockbank on the left

I know what you mean, but I looked at it as going for a 6/10 on both flanks rather than an 8/10 in Jones at RB and a 4/10 in Brockbank at LB, if you catch my drift.

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, jeep said:

Fucking nervous already!

But I'm gonna be optimistic on this one....

Morecambe 1

BWFC 2

A few celebratory Super Bocks on Saturday night, or perhaps a few  San Miguel at the cricket.....

COYFWM

Not on your own there. Keeps coming into my head!

One thought- should John not be available, but Sarc is, then what is the chance of playing Thomason at left back. At least he's game sharp, has good energy and has a good left foot.

Keep trying to rationalise this in my head but I can't. This is a season defining game.

The turnaround since January has been immense but if we lose here it could really dent our momentum and spirits and I don't fancy that mentality going into the play-offs.

Lose and I can't see us getting the luck to wangle our way back into the autos. With all the anticipation it's probably destined to be a draw.

Saw someone on twatter saying they're getting Fleetwood away vibes from this game. Fingers crossed it turns out the same way.

I’m not nervous either, I think if we play our game we’ll be too good for them. They’re obviously a decent side but if we play like we did first half on Tuesday, I can see us winning comfortably. I suppose it all depends on the team IE can put out and if Sarce is back it would be a big lift for everyone. Just need to pot one or two of the chances and I think with Doyle getting his 18th on Tuesday, he’ll be looking for the twenty for the season and I wouldn’t bet against him hitting it on Saturday.

Not sounding too good on the John injury according to IE in the BN, sounds like Brockbank will take his place, think these will shithouse their  way through the game, we just need to keep calm and outshithouse them, no mention of Sarcevic either in his comments, hopefully makes the bench