Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe Away

barryk32

4 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Not sounding too good on the John injury according to IE in the BN, sounds like Brockbank will take his place, think these will shithouse their  way through the game, we just need to keep calm and outshithouse them, no mention of Sarcevic either in his comments, hopefully makes the bench

IE playing games possibly. 

I'll back us to win like I have most weeks but this will be a mental test as much as anything for the lads, hope they can stand up to it and grind out the all important 3 points.

2-1 to us, Thomason + Doyle

COYW

Edited by Mantra

27 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Not sounding too good on the John injury according to IE in the BN, sounds like Brockbank will take his place, think these will shithouse their  way through the game, we just need to keep calm and outshithouse them, no mention of Sarcevic either in his comments, hopefully makes the bench

I don't know which article you read but the one I read said John was 50/50 and that Sarcevic would definitely be in the squad

10 minutes ago, dave2980 said:

I don't know which article you read but the one I read said John was 50/50 and that Sarcevic would definitely be in the squad

Harry Brockbank looks likely to come into the back four at the Mazuma Stadium after an injury to Declan John forced him off in the second half of the 1-0 win against Carlisle United.

No official word has been given by Wanderers on the Welsh full-back but the signs are that he will not be in contention for a place in the squad on Saturday.

1 minute ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Harry Brockbank looks likely to come into the back four at the Mazuma Stadium after an injury to Declan John forced him off in the second half of the 1-0 win against Carlisle United.

No official word has been given by Wanderers on the Welsh full-back but the signs are that he will not be in contention for a place in the squad on Saturday.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/19252017.bolton-wanderers-boss-ian-evatt-injury-update-declan-john-antoni-sarcevic/

This is the latest team news I believe 

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, dave2980 said:

Sounds good.

Not a hamstring for John, so hopefully he'll be OK.

A few turmeric capsules and RICE.

27 minutes ago, stevieb said:

This is 2017s port Vale away. 

Every man and his dog would have been at this. I tried booking the midland as soon as fixtures got announced and it was booked up. 

COYWM

empty now, mate 😉

This is almost a play off final. Win & I think we go up, Morecambe win & it'll probably be play offs for us ..... a draw leaves it still up in the air.

Current form favours Morecambe, the comparable results at Grimsby put them well ahead, they've scored 11 goals in 3 games while we're massively over reliant on Doyle & missing Sarce & i'm expecting plenty gamesmanship & shithousery from them,

but.......we looked better than them at Bolton & we've done well at nearly all the away games against  the leading teams,

Too close to call, but i'm pigsick that i can't be there !!

5 hours ago, bolton va va said:

This is almost a play off final. Win & I think we go up, Morecambe win & it'll probably be play offs for us ..... a draw leaves it still up in the air.

Current form favours Morecambe, the comparable results at Grimsby put them well ahead, they've scored 11 goals in 3 games while we're massively over reliant on Doyle & missing Sarce & i'm expecting plenty gamesmanship & shithousery from them,

but.......we looked better than them at Bolton & we've done well at nearly all the away games against  the leading teams,

Too close to call, but i'm pigsick that i can't be there !!

Comparing the two sides I think we are the better team despite recent form , the slight concern for me is that if it’s still  level in the second half we might start settling for a point whereas they need to win . Not sure we would get away with another second half like Tuesday. Just dreamt it was 2-2 at halftime after being 2-0 nil down. Fasten your seat belts folks

12 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

I’m not nervous either, I think if we play our game we’ll be too good for them. They’re obviously a decent side but if we play like we did first half on Tuesday, I can see us winning comfortably. I suppose it all depends on the team IE can put out and if Sarce is back it would be a big lift for everyone. Just need to pot one or two of the chances and I think with Doyle getting his 18th on Tuesday, he’ll be looking for the twenty for the season and I wouldn’t bet against him hitting it on Saturday.

Wanderers winning, and Wanderers winning comfortably really dont go together! Im going for a nervy 1-0 for us!