Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe Away

barryk32

• Site Supporter
Just now, onefinfrandsen said:

It’s all about context, if it was the first 10 games of the season then I could kind of see your point . But it’s the arse end and we have played 44 games, every team is suffering from fatigue, Cambridge and Cheltenham are struggling to get over the line, the six or so teams below us would all swap places with us, tonight is all about enjoying the fact we are on the brink of promotion. 

Absolutely. 

A weird old season, a weird old year, but our team is nearly there. Enjoy.

Just now, Rudy said:

We won right?

It's the same thing every week. Feel like I live in a constant state of deja vu on this forum.

Bolton Win - "but we weren't good enough"

Next week - promotion confirmed.

Odds on someone saying "We're gonna have to be a lot better in League 1"

Was anyone moaning at Peterborough at home? No. 

that season was dreadful on the eye but ultimately port vale and that home game will stick in the memory forever. Did that level of performance in league 1 end up in instant relegation from the championship? No it didn’t. 

we’re the (currently) 3rd best team in this league based on half a season. I’m not arsed how we get out of it and where as long as we do. 

work to do to make us a competitive L1 side? Abso fucking lutely! Is that a worry for today? Abso fucking lutely not! 

get the job done by whatever means then we build, we grow and we progress. That’s it 

Edited by barrycowdrill

• Members
5 minutes ago, Mantra said:

It's the same thing every week. Feel like I live in a constant state of deja vu on this forum.

“We take more shots than we score.”

Not a day goes by that I don’t think about some bulb on here saying that 

6 minutes ago, Mantra said:

If Rita Ora offered to suck them off, the only thing they’d do is whinge that she wasn’t up for anal

6 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

It’s like talking to that other wanker Starmer, you tell me what you think and I’ll call you a wanker but have no opinion of my own, so why is he wrong Jules?

He said he were inept.

He said we just sat back but also we created numerous shooting chances. 

You must be fed up tonight sweet cheeks. Think Evatt might get manager of season ? 

7 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Someone?

50 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Fair play, I'm glad you're happy because it didn't sound like it!

Just don't see the reason to make a post focusing so much on negatives considering how far we've come but if that's how you want to express yourself then that's your choice.

FWIW I think there'll be plenty of changes to the squad next year. I'm sure we'll keep some but the embargo will be finally gone and we can have better strength in depth. For now I'll happily let the bad bits sail over my head and enjoy being in the autos with a 4 point cushion.

It’s frustration Mantra because these players are capable of so much more than they deliver. Anyway, it’s just an opinion, which is what this boards for and it’s my opinion that today could have been even better. Never mind the points are in the bag and it’s a step closer to L1. You’re right about our squad next year, only a handful of these are anywhere near good enough to be here so I’m expecting big changes in the summer.

• Members
1 minute ago, Whitesince63 said:

It’s frustration Mantra because these players are capable of so much more than they deliver. Anyway, it’s just an opinion, which is what this boards for and it’s my opinion that today could have been even better. Never mind the points are in the bag and it’s a step closer to L1. You’re right about our squad next year, only a handful of these are anywhere near good enough to be here so I’m expecting big changes in the summer.

How do you know?

the difference between L1 and L2 is tiny, might as well be one league, the leap is when we get to the Championship 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Already moaning about next season

Will you accept that the best 3 teams get promoted, and that over the course of a season the table doesn’t lie?

My only surprise is that your heart survived us being 19th. Though I suspect you were absolutely revelling in it. The moaning must have been Morrisey-esque 

18 minutes ago, Mantra said:

only about 3 of em tbf and one of them has to be s wind up 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Holding off on the victory drinks for once my lad has gone to bed, so making do with a celebratory tub of Easter Haribo instead until then.

Yeah but we should have scored 17 goals

What exactly are you celebrating? We should be down there booing Evatt and the lads back to the stadium for utter ineptitude.

boooooooo

Had started typing to clear summat up but because this vaccine dose seems to be doubling the effects of the ale I'm a bit on the slow side.

Are we allowed to celebrate getting promoted next week or the week after or do we knock it on the head because we've not played brilliantly every game and some of our players aren't league 1 standard?

Don't want to get a load of ale and bbq stuff in if we're supposed to be at the wailing wall.

1 minute ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Had started typing to clear summat up but because this vaccine dose seems to be doubling the effects of the ale I'm a bit on the slow side.

Are we allowed to celebrate getting promoted next week or the week after or do we knock it on the head because we've not played brilliantly every game and some of our players aren't league 1 standard?

Don't want to get a load of ale and bbq stuff in if we're supposed to be at the wailing wall.

If we win, we’ll be celebrating.

15 minutes ago, Offshore said:

Staggering around the house singing to Tight Fit......A win away, a win away, a win away..........other half not so happy as I am......

Yoof is 22 never lived in Bolton, he is in the bath demanding Alexa plays The Wanderer by Dion