Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe Away

barryk32

What a year it has been. Might not be the real deal just yet, but it's bloody lovely hearing how good a day everyone had & seeing those videos. Glad a top day was had by all 👍 the moaners can fuck right off, that was a massive win.

Get ya vaccines lads & lasses. & persuade everyone else to do the same. Will make a real on difference on when we can safely get everyone back in the grounds again 🍺

3 hours ago, Nordkurve said:

I was thinking that before. Imagine how many goals we would have bagged with Reeves/Philliskirk equivalence in the team as an example.

I was saying to Yoof yesterday with a Nathan Blake up front we would have scored 20 plus more goals this year. 

• Site Supporter

Just read the thread through from the start of the game. 

FUCKING BRILLIANT!

We’re a good bunch. 

• Every moment was passionately, emotionally and funnily logged and commented upon 
  • So many good calls were made 
  • Calling the right subs at the right time
  • Getting Dapo off
  • Bringing Sarce on 
  • Bringing Fonz in for his experience 
  • Jackson lauded for his fantastic contribution 
  • Calling out our lack of cutting edge in the opposition box (how fucking frustrating is it!)
  • But Kudos to our back 4 allowing us to achieve another 1-0
  • Even people apologising for their emotional rants! (Never stop - they’re brilliant!) 
  • Getting absent posters back
  • @Didledee.  @bolty58
  • Giving those Morecambe commentator muppets deserved shit 
  • Be able to laugh at some of @Whitesince63comments “this must be the most inept forward line that’s ever worn our shirt” “That’s not good enough,” 😂
  • @barrycowdrillfine post game assessment
  • Praise for IE and his decision making 
  • Fantastic Post match celebratory comments
  • The after match videos of the the players/IE going to acknowledge the fans (FUCKING HELL ANOTHER TEAR JERKER!!)
  • And IE comments about the fans. I’m literally wiping away a tear! (Think I’m still pissed as well as hungover!)

3 minutes ago, Ani said:

I was saying to Yoof yesterday with a Nathan Blake up front we would have scored 20 plus more goals this year. 

Dare I say it, Christian Doidge scored a cracking header* for Hibs yesterday. Missed a sitter immediately afterwards, mind.

*From a Martin Boyle cross. Now there’s a player who would fit perfectly  in to IE’s system 

13 hours ago, jules_darby said:

So you’re admitting that you never  post about our positives. Good, glad we cleared that one up.

So 15 wins in the last 20 but we’d have been promoted ages ago if the forwards were better

Not sure you’re clear on how a league and the points system work. Mind you that was obvious when you said it had cost us today

Critical thinking at its finest, unlike us mere “unintelligent” plebs

giphy.gif

Yawn.

19 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Aye but that win reduces the hangover.

Pubs in Morcambe don't serve food 🤷‍♂️

My own fault plenty of chip shops

Opted for beer instead😀

55 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Didn't post much last night as i had a socially distanced cricket match to watch and get a few pints down. Just read the thread though. Come on 63, reveal yourself. You have to be on a wind up. 

101 things to say to wind up a football supporter... 

You must be on about 99 by now. 

Ha, well a good debate needs two sides Mickey. If I didn’t take a more reasoned approach, the rose tinted brigade on here would have nobody to abuse, so guilty to that but unlike Ratchet Man I’m going to stay until the end. Sorry guys 🤪

• Site Supporter

Morning everyone.

Woke up, checked the table and it seems we are odds on for automatic promotion.

But then I remembered that we sometimes have shots on goal that miss. And that sometimes the opposition nearly score. And that sometimes a substitute comes on for us and doesn’t play like Messi. And that sometimes we don’t have a spare goalie and that all these these things have NEARLY got us relegated and we are where we are DESPITE Evatt and the team.

And now I feel all sad and empty inside.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Woznotwas said:

It was a Saturday teatime game for the telly. Against the odds, WHU had seen off Chelsea in the afternoon  and

the southern press were well pleased that their world cup winning darlings were staying up. Before our game

Sky showed a pub full of lubricated Superwhites giving it all. The reporter pointed out that Bolton were

still in defiant mood. We spent 90 mins plus biting our nails but the draw tipped the balance. End of highlighs on

MOTD showed Bolton fans still in good voice and cameras homing in on two young lads from Farnworth/ 

Kearsley folk holding up BWFC flag.

You also had di canio crying in his post match interview on motd going on about what a big win it was for the club in his last match at upton park

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Spider said:

Morning everyone.

Woke up, checked the table and it seems we are odds on for automatic promotion.

Had a wank

And now I feel all sad and empty inside.

That's my morning

Edited by Zico

Great to see some old faces yesterday, the Walkden whites out in force, captain Med & son, Traf, Jimmy one of ESL social club mainstays, Thx to Little Whitt for introducing Mr Grey and Escobar, quite emotional scenes pre match with the heartfelt reaction of the fans when the team coach arrived, demonstrating the love we all feel for BWFC, headed off to Lancaster with a small posse for a beer and bite to eat while watching on I follow.  What a great day with great people. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Last week the 'big 6' announced plans for the future of the game. The videos from yesterday highlight better than my words ever could what they do not understand. 
For all the riches of the Premier League you simply can not buy what it means to be part of the club at the moment. Not just results on the pitch but season ticket holders not wanting a refund, people on I follow, travelling to Morecambe knowing won't get in, players clapping fans, players on their feet on the coach, IE refusing to sneak away, Sharon and the rest of FV, Sharon and the rest of her family. Without being corny our family. Never has the expression 'without the fans it is nothing' been so true.

Fuck Real Madrid bring on Burton Fleetwood , revenge at Accrington and respect to Wycombe. 

Doubt will make over next week as one of us would have to drive but a little part of Ilkley will know the Whites are back. 

27 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

Was there a bigger twat at Morecambe yesterday than their manager, I know it's gamesmanship but he really needed good slap

His team were twattish at the reeebok,   I mentioned in the pre match build up that I thought they might suffer a sending off and we needed a strong Ref,  Evatts pre match interview asking for protection for Dapo worked a treat. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

Ha, well a good debate needs two sides Mickey. If I didn’t take a more reasoned approach, the rose tinted brigade on here would have nobody to abuse, so guilty to that but unlike Ratchet Man I’m going to stay until the end. Sorry guys 🤪

To be fair, I’m not sure Ratchet Man actually resigned from this group rather than was pushed out. 

Regarding “a debate needs two sides” I’d say there is little debate when all parties want the same thing. 

Rejoice in the moment. Wait until the closed season to voice opinion on who YOU think should go and who should stay. It all gets fairly quiet on WW after the season ends so maybe your opinion may generate a lot of discussion. 

Both you and Ratchet, plus others like Hughmungus seem to be swimming against the tide of euphoria at every opportunity. Maybe we do need to take a look at our ability to constantly fizzle out most of our attacking play without much intervention from the opponents by our want to push it sideways to one more player but that discussion is perhaps not for the period immediately following our games where score lines state we got the ball in the goal more often than the opposition; even if it’s just one more time.

Take a step back from your insistence in stating how you can fix things when our run since February show little needs fixing for league 2 football. None of us think a team getting promotion from EFL 2 to 1 is good enough to be contenders at the end of next season but we see our role is to support whoever currently fills the shirt, not who should fuck off and be replaced by other, better players.

As I said, rejoice in the moment.

Edited by MickyD
Fat thumbs

7 hours ago, Nordkurve said:

I was thinking that before. Imagine how many goals we would have bagged with Reeves/Philliskirk equivalence in the team as an example.

We'd be a lot better off I think, but the trick is to find a partnership that's in sync with each other and the team.

We've always seemed to do better with a decent front two, which really pissed me off when Parkinson when he insisted sticking just one up top.

Forgot to mention Thomas/Morgan to my great shame.