Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Grimsby Away

RUREADY2ROLL

4 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I’m talking about set pieces and crosses and final balls into the box Cambridge, today was just yet another example of it. We’ve created some excellent moves out wide then completely failed to get the ball in the box. If you’re trying to disagree with that then frankly I don’t know where you’ve been looking.

Very true!

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Well at least you’ve really got some complaining to get your teeth into now.

Must have been a nightmare when we kept winning and winning and winning and winning.

It’s actually called an opinion, but I wouldn’t expect an expert like you to understand one that differs from yours.

4 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I’m talking about set pieces and crosses and final balls into the box Cambridge, today was just yet another example of it. We’ve created some excellent moves out wide then completely failed to get the ball in the box. If you’re trying to disagree with that then frankly I don’t know where you’ve been looking.

Fair enough, our set pieces have been crap and I have called them constantly.  

When you say basics though I think more than just set pieces, defending, passing etc and they haven't been an issue

Just now, Ruba Mustafa said:

Can’t complain about that, we never recovered from poor start.

im not reading no Shyte from doom mongers on here, no need for it.

we all know our strengths n weaknesses, it’s plain to see, no amount of bitching is gonna change it.

ta raa 

And it’s goodnight from me

• Site Supporter
Just now, Whitesince63 said:

It’s actually called an opinion, but I wouldn’t expect an expert like you to understand one that differs from yours.

Your “opinions” are 99% having a pop.

Any form of positivity is extremely rare.

Be honest, you thrive on moaning.

Bad day. We have 4 games left and we control our destiny.

4 months ago you were busy jumping all over them for languishing in the bottom half. Your glass is still half empty you miserable cunt

Just now, ZiggyStardust said:

We looked tired today.

Perhaps a couple of tweaks to the starting X! tuesday ?

Don't ask me who though, we seem to have players who can be either very good, or very poor on any given day.

That's why they are 4th division footballers

1 minute ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

That’s what I thought. So many having a shit game

You know you're going to struggle when your central defender gets on the bus stinking of stale Greenalls with kebab stains on his chin.

Onward to Tuesday hoping the bubbles not burst

Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Let’s be honest we’ve been lacklustre for weeks big test of the management & team tuesday

Agree with that not looked great since Cambridge but been getting the results but today we’ll beat . May be the effort against Salford as taken its toll and a few need resting or a shake up 

2 minutes ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

Fair enough, our set pieces have been crap and I have called them constantly.  

When you say basics though I think more than just set pieces, defending, passing etc and they haven't been an issue

We’ve been brilliant defensively Cambridge, can’t dispute that but I’m not sure I completely agree on all the passing. Our final pass into the box is regularly blocked by defenders, or doesn’t find a man. Sometimes we just seem that second too slow to hit it in and it happened regularly again today. To be fair, I thought a few looked tired today and despite the result you can’t deny the effort they put in. Never mind, move on to Tuesday now and maybe give one or two like Lee, Dapo and Doyle a rest from the starting eleven.

Just now, Farnywhite said:

Agree with that not looked great since Cambridge but been getting the results but today we’ll beat . May be the effort against Salford as taken its toll and a few need resting or a shake up 

Yes that’s my thinking

we need a fully fit sarce ASAP

and we need players like Doyle/dapo Lee to step up 

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

Your “opinions” are 99% having a pop.

Any form of positivity is extremely rare.

Be honest, you thrive on moaning.

Bad day. We have 4 games left and we control our destiny.

4 months ago you were busy jumping all over them for languishing in the bottom half. Your glass is still half empty you miserable cunt

Spider, you’re not worth conversing with, so I won’t until you learn to distinguish between opinion and complaining. I won’t hold my breath.

Credit were it's due they had as many opportunities as us.

Doyle had a really bad day the office.Thomason was outstanding & ran himself into the ground .

Santos has probably not had many encounters with the likes of Hanson & it showed.

John had his worst display yet.

The danger was always the last chance saloon scenario.

Move on .

Edited by Take Hunt Off

3 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

We’ve been brilliant defensively Cambridge, can’t dispute that but I’m not sure I completely agree on all the passing. Our final pass into the box is regularly blocked by defenders, or doesn’t find a man. Sometimes we just seem that second too slow to hit it in and it happened regularly again today. To be fair, I thought a few looked tired today and despite the result you can’t deny the effort they put in. Never mind, move on to Tuesday now and maybe give one or two like Lee, Dapo and Doyle a rest from the starting eleven.

Generally our passing and ball retention isn't a problem,  our final ball is lacking at times but today we created some more gilt edged chances and if we got one I think we see a different game as the nerves would get to them.

But we didn't, overall we were shit and didn't really deserve anything. But it is still in our hands and we need to regroup and get ready for Tuesday, I hope we get Sarce back before the end of season, we are missing him badly