Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Grimsby Away

RUREADY2ROLL

Well played to Grimsby they thoroughly deserved it , I don't know if we suffered some fatigue from Tuesday or just arrogance because they are bottom but no one can have any complaints from the outcome .

We go again on Tuesday and hopefully a kick up the arse for them , perhaps a change or 2 to freshen it up . 

I hope Grimsby rough up Morecambe like they did us today. A draw or worse for Morecambe at Blundell Park would be just what the doc ordered. 

Hard not to feel dispirited after that showing today but we are in the same position as last Saturday night when we were all skipping. 

I know we are capable of going to Morecambe and getting a result too. 

This is not the Prem. Bottom can and does beat top and there is less predictability. 

Its going to be a rollercoaster three weeks now. And who knows how much those two late Oldham goals and Miller's for us might end up counting in the final reckoning.

1 minute ago, dusan nikolic said:

Well played to Grimsby they thoroughly deserved it , I don't know if we suffered some fatigue from Tuesday or just arrogance because they are bottom but no one can have any complaints from the outcome .

We go again on Tuesday and hopefully a kick up the arse for them , perhaps a change or 2 to freshen it up . 

Would start with the same line up Tuesday TBH. Only Delf and Arthur can change a game. If Sarc is fit maybe give him a run from the bench

4 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Would start with the same line up Tuesday TBH. Only Delf and Arthur can change a game. If Sarc is fit maybe give him a run from the bench

I agree to an extent mate , but rather than worrying about changing games let's concentrate on taking the game to the opposition.  To be fair we are missing far too many easy chances though.

Arrogant attitude, poor performance.

Embarrassing result against the bottom team in the entire football league.

A day like this was always going to happen, us lose and others win.

We go again on Tuesday. We need 4 points from the next 2 games.

Sat on the beach in Cleethorpes drinking Stella :)

UTW

We take just one of them first half bad misses and it would be a different outcome; same as Newport. Declan John was shocking today but Baptiste and Santos also had poor games. Think Lee is wasted in that number 10 position and would be better along with Williams and let Thomason play further forward. Doyle was awful today with his poor finishing but still worked hard. Like lots have said it’s still in our own hands so move onto Tuesday 

23 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I hope Grimsby rough up Morecambe like they did us today. A draw or worse for Morecambe at Blundell Park would be just what the doc ordered. 

Hard not to feel dispirited after that showing today but we are in the same position as last Saturday night when we were all skipping. 

I know we are capable of going to Morecambe and getting a result too. 

This is not the Prem. Bottom can and does beat top and there is less predictability. 

Its going to be a rollercoaster three weeks now. And who knows how much those two late Oldham goals and Miller's for us might end up counting in the final reckoning.

Problem is Paul, no matter how much Grimsby try to rough them up, Morecambe won’t miss the chances like we did today.

If sarc isn’t fit would like to see half a lion given a chance running at teams from a more central position . we played him when he first came to the club . Being two footed he is difficult to stop draws a lot of free kicks when playing more central 

Think losing that early goal was pivotal! Chasing the game from the off. Poor all round today. John was terrible, Santos never got to grips with Hanson, and, again woeful finishing. What i cant get my head around is how up for it we should have been, with Cheltenham losing last night and an incentive to go top! But fair play to Grimsby, they had chances as well, and didnt look a bottom of the league side. Its now a must win on Tuesday, and a must not lose on Saturday.

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

If sarc isn’t fit would like to see half a lion given a chance running at teams from a more central position . we played him when he first came to the club . Being two footed he is difficult to stop draws a lot of free kicks when playing more central 

Good idea cos we're shithot at free kicks 😂

• Site Supporter

Got what we deserved today. Won't pick out individuals for criticism, will just say well played Matt Gilks & George Thomason you were outstanding. A young lad trying to carry a team with so much experience. 

Oh what we'd give for SJM to be upfront now. He'd be on course for 40 goals nevermind 20 with the chances we've been creating. 

39 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Problem is Paul, no matter how much Grimsby try to rough them up, Morecambe won’t miss the chances like we did today.

Perhaps so but they've hardly been 100 per cent with their results these past few weeks. Their 1-1 draw at home against Southend and 1-0 defeat at Port Vale for instance. Heat is on for them now too. They've burned off two fixtures against mid-table fodder now. At this stage of the season they are always the gimme games.

1 minute ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Got what we deserved today. Won't pick out individuals for criticism, will just say well played Matt Gilks & George Thomason you were outstanding. A young lad trying to carry a team with so much experience. 

Oh what we'd give for SJM to be upfront now. He'd be on course for 40 goals nevermind 20 with the chances we've been creating. 

Completely agree RP, Doyle has 17 but really should have had many more at this level with the service he’s had. 3 chances today, 5 at Newport and another 2 against Colchester spurned. It’s ok saying he works hard, that should be a given but it’s no excuse for not scoring. I think he’s lacking confidence and I’d give a Miller a chance instead on Tuesday. It happens, it’s no criticism, he’s just not on it at the moment.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Personally if we go up I’d say Doyle has done his job thanks but not L1

I have to agree with you. No problem with the lad & he has a great attitude but he isn't clinical enough & is woefully weak, defenders just seem to brush him off the ball with ease. 

No complaints, the early goal gave them a lift & Grimsby deserved to win.

We weren't bad going forward & created plenty good chances ( which we missed again, though their keeper did make some good saves ) but Gilkes saved us from a pasting. Santos & Baptiste never got to grips with their front 2.......let's hope they play as well against Morecambe.

MOTM....Gilkes

Never mind, we go again on Tuesday & it's still in our own hands.