Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Grimsby Away

RUREADY2ROLL

37 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Personally if we go up I’d say Doyle has done his job thanks but not L1

Not one for hindsight myself but I did flag this when we signed him. 

for every goal there is 3/4 misses that should be scored. But as someone else pointed out it’s why he’s at this level. 

Evatt has 4 games to achieve the bare minimum of expectations, if he fails then he along with most of the squad he must go.

If, and it’s a massive if, he achieves what is expected, then its thanks and move on but his cv will be better than any other manager in this league.

2 hours ago, hughmungus said:

Evatt has 4 games to achieve the bare minimum of expectations, if he fails then he along with most of the squad he must go.

If, and it’s a massive if, he achieves what is expected, then its thanks and move on but his cv will be better than any other manager in this league.

You would sack a manager that's got you from 19th to promotion in 3 months? . Your consistent in your opinion  I'll grant you that , but people in the football world would think Bolton owners had taken leave of their senses. And rightly so.

Edited by dusan nikolic

• Members
11 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

It’s not a massive if you massive bulb

19 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Bare minimum??  The progress Evatt and the team have made since February is remarkable, a play off place would be excellent, automatic a real bonus.  

Does anyone close to the club or any of the training staff know if we practice our corner & free kick routines, I've seen 12 year olds deliver better corners & free kicks.

For a professional football club our delivery from corners & free kicks is absolutely appalling & amateur. 

18 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Does anyone close to the club or any of the training staff know if we practice our corner & free kick routines, I've seen 12 year olds deliver better corners & free kicks.

For a professional football club our delivery from corners & free kicks is absolutely appalling & amateur. 

Correct. never any point getting excited if we get a corner! Just watched Oldhams last two goals, against Morecambe. Two decent crosses, two goals. Show the players Evatt!

31 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

It’s a mess but when was the last time anyone actually whipped a ball in from a wide position probably John in the Mansfield game when he tried to cross it and it went straight in . 
I think it comes down to the ability of the players and unfortunately in this bunch there isn’t one who can deliver a ball from wide areas 

On the positive side, still in our hands with 4 to play.  You would have snapped their hands off back in January for that.

we had chances, they had chances, not sure how much Tuesday against the plastic mancs took out of us.

gilkes was superb today.

doyle disappointing, he could and should have had 30 this season, could have had 10 in the last 3!

defence for the first time in weeks, looked all over the place.

results went against us today, but we have had a good few weeks of them going for us.

onwards and upwards, good we have a game Tuesday and hopefully kick on

29 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

It’s a mess but when was the last time anyone actually whipped a ball in from a wide position probably John in the Mansfield game when he tried to cross it and it went straight in . 
I think it comes down to the ability of the players and unfortunately in this bunch there isn’t one who can deliver a ball from wide areas 

Our final ball and set piece delivery is crap.

how often do we not beat the first man ?

when we finally did get a decent ball in we scored.

with the height we have, we could and should have had a lot more goals 

2 hours ago, hughmungus said:

If, and its a massive if, you are not a WUM, then you know fuck all about football. Clown

1 hour ago, Black Sheep said:

Totally agree BS and your point about 12 year olds doing better is actually true, I’ve never seen any professional team as consistently poor at set pieces as this lot. Mind you, even when we do on occasions get them in, we have no threat there. I sadly can’t see that changing much, we have no aerial power or physical strength in the forward line and neither Santos nor Baps can head the ball other than defensively. In fact there really is little point lifting balls in anyway, we should look to take them short and play them in but sadly we can’t do that either!! Since we can’t score from open play either at the moment it’s looking a bit worrying all round. 🙁

3 minutes ago, glennboltw said:

If in January anyone would have told me we would be in an automatic promotion place with 4 games to go and it was in our own hands I would have asked them what drugs they were on, we would never make it easy so let's enjoy the ride..... Eieieio. 

Sod January Glen, this is now and the fact is we’ve taken 4 points from 4 extremely winnable games and actually quite fortunate to get those 4. It’s not the time to start falling apart, we are putting pressure on ourselves by constantly missing simple chances, not half chances, simple ones. Doyle is having a mare at the moment and his confidence must be rock bottom, so maybe IE needs to shake it up a bit and give the likes of Miller and Gnahoua a start. Both can score and Evatt always preaches about giving players opportunities so maybe it’s time he started.

3 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Cambridge I'm not defending Hugh, but who the fcuk are you to make such a comment at another poster Mourinho ?

Nah, Mourinho knows fuck all about football as well on current form.

Evatt must have shagged Hughs, wife, daughter, sister, dog or all 3. He hates him and wants him out no matter what. Or as I suspect he is just here as WUM. So yes, in this case he knows fuck all!

Now calm down