Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Grimsby Away

RUREADY2ROLL

1 minute ago, Whitesince63 said:

Sod January Glen, this is now and the fact is we’ve taken 4 points from 4 extremely winnable games and actually quite fortunate to get those 4. It’s not the time to start falling apart, we are putting pressure on ourselves by constantly missing simple chances, not half chances, simple ones. Doyle is having a mare at the moment and his confidence must be rock bottom, so maybe IE needs to shake it up a bit and give the likes of Miller and Gnahoua a start. Both can score and Evatt always preaches about giving players opportunities so maybe it’s time he started.

Yet in that time we have moved up the table into 3rd, strange. We have thrown points away, but so has everyone else. Teams at the bottom are fighting for their lives  and pressure creeps in to teams at the top. It would be incredible if we had sown it up by now, but it is still in our hands.

Sarce has been a huge miss since his injury and that coincides with us dropping off a bit, agree with maybe starting Miller but it isn't time for major changes 

1 minute ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

Yet in that time we have moved up the table into 3rd, strange. We have thrown points away, but so has everyone else. Teams at the bottom are fighting for their lives  and pressure creeps in to teams at the top. It would be incredible if we had sown it up by now, but it is still in our hands.

Sarce has been a huge miss since his injury and that coincides with us dropping off a bit, agree with maybe starting Miller but it isn't time for major changes 

Apart from his goal Miller did nothing although that was Doyle’s worst game. Thought the substitutions were wank and Zeberdee is awful. 

1 minute ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Apart from his goal Miller did nothing although that was Doyle’s worst game. Thought the substitutions were wank and Zeberdee is awful. 

Yeah I am not sure Miller will give much from start, just maybe give Doyle a bit of a rest. We know Arthur is ineffective from the start. Not sure what else you change.

Zebedee but one quality ball in the box, but not much else. But then par for the course really today.

2 hours ago, burnden said:

I'm beginning to like IE, seems down to earth.

For whatever reason we have developed a style this season that does not rely on dead balls or big score lines so I cannot see the point of training ground exercises at this stage contrary to the comments I have just read.

Today proved that remaining games are psychological and all about who wants it the most. If I was the manager I'd give the lads the day off tomorrow with their families and ask them to come in on Monday and tell me face to face they want it.

Too late to change our playing style but we can still get automatic as long as we get it right between the ears.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Cambridge perhaps that's true about Hugh, but I'll ask again about your credentials - what makes you so much more knowledgeable ?, and for what its worth I'm really calm.

Thing is, Hugh has been a cunt from the off. A grandiose cunty wum.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

They should still believe in themselves though, and go and beat morecambe. Hopefully. :)

Think it'll have the opposite effect and they'll be deflated

Still, we have a Carlisle side next who have played twice a week for the past NINE weeks. They must be absolutely knackered.

Edited by jmjhb

12 minutes ago, emus wig said:

I feel a bit sorry for Doyle he is under loads of pressure to score every chance he gets because midfield and defence  just haven’t chipped in enough . 

we are not getting any better than Doyle at league one or two level . 
For people to complain about him not holding the ball up it’s not is game there are plenty of strikers at this level that will hold the ball up and score less than 10 goals a season . 

Most of the problem is the service is poor and I am pretty sure if he had a strike partner next to him who could hold the ball up to feed of knock downs you could add another 10 to is tally  . 
we play one up front and half the time he is dropping deep or wide to get the ball 

30 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Thing is, Hugh has been a cunt from the off. A grandiose cunty wum.

Nobody should give a fuck about his opinion, he’s only got the 1 thing to say, his one and only opinion never changes, he brings nothing to the table, and he only posts when we lose.  What is undeniably true is that he’s a complete and utter bellend. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Nobody should give a fuck about his opinion, he’s only got the 1 thing to say, his one and only opinion never changes, he brings nothing to the table, and he only posts when we lose.  What is undeniably true is that he’s a complete and utter bellend. 

Who the fuck are you

43 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Grimsby's excellent performance and win today is all for nowt really as Colchester have just won meaning they remain 7 points from safety

Bad result for us that. They would have been more up for it against Morecambe on Tuesday if that result would have gone their way!

49 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Cambridge perhaps that's true about Hugh, but I'll ask again about your credentials - what makes you so much more knowledgeable ?, and for what its worth I'm really calm.

I know fuck all as well, that is why I am on a football forum on a Saturday night. 

By defending him though I presume you agree that Evatt needs to go no matter what?