Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Grimsby Away

RUREADY2ROLL

I just can’t see any way we won’t be far too good for them. If we play the way we can there’s no way we won’t get the 3 points but we need to start fast as we did at both Salford and Newport. Hopefully Doyler will have his scoring boots on this time and if so we should have it sown up by half time. It would also be great to see Dapo finally break his duck, the lads been brilliant and deserves one. I’m sure once he gets the first he’ll find the net more often. I’ll go 2-0 to the Whites.

12 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

I just can’t see any way we won’t be far too good for them. If we play the way we can there’s no way we won’t get the 3 points but we need to start fast as we did at both Salford and Newport. Hopefully Doyler will have his scoring boots on this time and if so we should have it sown up by half time. It would also be great to see Dapo finally break his duck, the lads been brilliant and deserves one. I’m sure once he gets the first he’ll find the net more often. I’ll go 2-0 to the Whites.

1 defeat in 9 scrapping to stay in the football league can’t see it being easy would bite your hand off for another scrappy 1-0 .

32 minutes ago, emus wig said:

1 defeat in 9 scrapping to stay in the football league can’t see it being easy would bite your hand off for another scrappy 1-0 .

Correct, & draws against teams in the play off areas but they are 7 points from safety and 6 games left. They need wins.

The HAVE to come out. Can't park the bus. That's to our advantage.

39 minutes ago, emus wig said:

Aye, they've just lost one in the last nine & that was by a single goal when they were down to 10 men, & other results include draws against Cheltenham, Tranmere & Salford.

Not easy, but i trust IE & this squad not to get complacent.

17 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Aye, they've just lost one in the last nine & that was by a single goal when they were down to 10 men, & other results include draws against Cheltenham, Tranmere & Salford.

Not easy, but i trust IE & this squad not to get complacent.

Think I’ve been scarred by past meetings at Blundell park never been our happiest of hunting grounds . Remember getting battered 4-0 once in the 80s our keeper at the time think it was Dennis Peacock had an absolute mare . 

1 hour ago, emus wig said:

Remember getting battered 4-0 once in the 80s our keeper at the time think it was Dennis Peacock had an absolute mare . 

Dennis bloody Peacock. Stan Anderson"s bezzie.

Until this season easily my go-to "worst keeper we've ever had".

He's lost that title now, of course.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

Grimsby might have done ok recently but they haven’t met our new team yet and I have absolutely no concerns about us leaving Cleathorpes without the 3 points. They need a win as much as we do so if they come out and attack us rather than shut up shop, we should easily pick them off. I don’t think theirs is a happy camp either which gives me even more confidence. At least 2-0 to Wanderers.

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Dennis bloody Peacock. Stan Anderson"s bezzie.

Until this season easily my go-to "worst keeper we've ever had".

He's lost that title now, of course.

I think Gilks has had a great season 🙄😁😁

2 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Grimsby might have done ok recently but they haven’t met our new team yet and I have absolutely no concerns about us leaving Cleathorpes without the 3 points. They need a win as much as we do so if they come out and attack us rather than shut up shop, we should easily pick them off. I don’t think theirs is a happy camp either which gives me even more confidence. At least 2-0 to Wanderers.

I'm liking the new positivity, didn't you used to be a mega neg ? Apologies if i'm mixing you up with someone else.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

I quoted my disappointment with some players contributions in one match Bogs and somehow got tagged by one or two on here as being negative. It seems to them that unless you wear rose coloured all the time you’re negative. Couldn’t be further from the truth, I’ve been solidly behind IE from day one but I say what I see and if some consider that’s being negative it’s their problem not mine. It certainly won’t change my opinion. Fortunately just lately it’s been all good so no complaints from me. 😉😇

4 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I quoted my disappointment with some players contributions in one match Bogs and somehow got tagged by one or two on here as being negative. It seems to them that unless you wear rose coloured all the time you’re negative. Couldn’t be further from the truth, I’ve been solidly behind IE from day one but I say what I see and if some consider that’s being negative it’s their problem not mine. It certainly won’t change my opinion. Fortunately just lately it’s been all good so no complaints from me. 😉😇

Fairy muff, but what would ratshitman say? Seems he's left the building in a huff.

2 hours ago, ZiggyStardust said:

👍 Ben Amos likes this.

👏👏 but really, nowhere even remotely close. Imagine a mature Crellin ... throw up for a few seconds ... drink a bottle of gin, neat ... put your head down a bog from the Burnden Paddock ... and you're nowhere even close.

56 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Fairy muff, but what would ratshitman say? Seems he's left the building in a huff.

I’d echo 63s thoughts. I too was castigated for daring to point out any flaws I felt the side needed to address and have been labelled a negative wum ever since.

Fortunately we seem to have one hand on automatic promotion so I’m happy

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

Seems to me as though you are settling in

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

👏👏 but really, nowhere even remotely close. Imagine a mature Crellin ... throw up for a few seconds ... drink a bottle of gin, neat ... put your head down a bog from the Burnden Paddock ... and you're nowhere even close.

Was peacock really any worse than poole?

I was brought up on siddall and then mcdonagh

Then those 2

Fucking hell

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

28 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

I’d echo 63s thoughts. I too was castigated for daring to point out any flaws I felt the side needed to address and have been labelled a negative wum ever since.

always-the-victims-it-s-never-your-fault

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

It was honestly little top do with the content and everything to do with timing.  Most of us felt that a 12 or 13 match unbeaten run was never a great time to be critical of a team plenty enough of us had previously seen  this low down the league before in the 80s.

I've no idea how old you are but my guess is that the largest percentage of your supporting Bolton was during the 11 years in the premier league. 

Always reminds me of nathan Blake's goal, this fixture,   he picked it up near the half way line and just ran with it and put it in right in front of our lot.     Cant remember though if there was any great consequence to that goal/game.   

Be happy if halfalion popped up with similar tomorrow .