Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Player of the year

Ani

On 14/04/2021 at 14:33, Jol_BWFC said:

Goals win games; defences win leagues © @Rudy

For that reason, Santos, Gilks and Doyle in that order.

Special mention for Gilks though. I don’t think Santos or Baptiste would play the way they do without having confidence in the man behind them. Look at the games with Crellin in goal.  I think Gilks would win “most influential player of the season”.

I agree

in our best seasons we’ve always had a great goalie

Shamus, Brannigan, Jussi

Command  from the back !

• Members
4 hours ago, waffer cup 07 said:

A few contenders, highly to be Santos. Plucked from Barnet, looked an absolute donkey first few games. Now best central defender in the division

By a mile. He’ll win league 2 player of the year 

• Members
9 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

I'd be delighted if he did but can see it being Mullin given the number of goals he's bagged. 

Aye good point didn’t realise he’s almost at 30. Some going that

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Alf Hartigan said:

All good shouts but for out and out influence on our resurgence, combining performances with influence on others performances, I'm going Gilks all day long.

I wouldnt vote gilkes, however if we hadnt swapped him for william we wouldnt be going up...

Id prefer a team/club award

Players, owners and us (who bought season tickets and didnt bale out) all deserve a massive fuck off pat on the back

• 2 weeks later...

If a non-BWFC person reviews the whole season I'd be surprised if we had any, anywhere near.

If they review us since late January I'd expect about 6 to be in the running.

While we fannied about with our 3 centre halves experiment, with Crellin in the goals and trying to shoe-horn sub Conference players alongside high quality ones we were only going in one direction. The turnaround, aided by some very good incoming in (late) January has been remarkable. 

• Members
43 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

Mullin would/should get the award. Jamille Matt? A few inc our own Doyle would rival him and Wes Hoolahan yeah good player but top 3 in Division Nah 

No doubt Mullin should get it 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Max Cherry said:

Mullin would/should get the award. Jamille Matt? A few inc our own Doyle would rival him and Wes Hoolahan yeah good player but top 3 in Division Nah 

Whether it’s true or not I’m not sure, but I’ve just read that Hoolahan has only played 20 odd games