Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Player of the year

Ani

• Members
49 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

In October 2020 (as in THIS SEASON), George Thomason played for Bamber Bridge in a 5-0 defeat against Atherton Colls. Today, as he has been for the last few months, he was on another level. Wow. Take a bow all concerned. 

He was absolutely brilliant today. 

23 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

I am going for Ali Crawford.....Tranmere looked nailed on for automatic promotion before he rocked up in January

Talking of which, his intended replacement, Marcus Madfison, has sent a nice "well done" message on his Instagram. Nice one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, marple whites said:

It was between him and baptiste - only slight issue for me being should he not of scored a few from corners ? But really picking holes tho.

I reckon that will change next season. 

At least this time, we have a core of a squad so not the same need to bed them down. It will give more time to work on set plays 

Very well deserved.
As an aside, the more I look back on the season, the more I see Lloyd Isgrove's growing influence.

At first, I thought he was a bit of a fanny, all piss and wind etc, but the workrate, dedication and commitment to the cause in the second half of the season was tremendous. His partnership with Gethin blossomed and he manage to chip in with a few goals and assists.

Evatt's preferred starting XI in the closing stages of the season had no apparent weak links. No real stars, but no real duffers either. A good solid XI, confident in possession.

Improved massively considering he was a liability in the early days if we can get set pieces right he could get a few goals like wheater & beevers did

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Traf said:

Very well deserved.
As an aside, the more I look back on the season, the more I see Lloyd Isgrove's growing influence.

At first, I thought he was a bit of a fanny, all piss and wind etc, but the workrate, dedication and commitment to the cause in the second half of the season was tremendous. His partnership with Gethin blossomed and he manage to chip in with a few goals and assists.

Evatt's preferred starting XI in the closing stages of the season had no apparent weak links. No real stars, but no real duffers either. A good solid XI, confident in possession.

Aye, agree  

Should be a starter next season

• Site Supporter
18 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

I reckon that will change next season. 

At least this time, we have a core of a squad so not the same need to bed them down. It will give more time to work on set plays 

More time? I think SOME time would be a good start.

9 hours ago, Traf said:

Very well deserved.

Aye Isgrove had a belter for the second part of the season, made the right wing position his own and seems like he's got a good social relationship with other key players.

Interesting comment that we had no real stars and no real duffers. Don't mind that too much, never good relying on one player too much or having an absolute liability. Saying that I wouldn't mind us uncovering a gem who can carry us in League 1 and have some re-sale value.