Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Player of the year

Ani

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Isn't it just. Santos has been living in the team of the week this year.

I just don’t get it. Even if the decisions were made prior to our good run, he’d been fantastic for a few months prior to that.

Is it players votes or a panel? Is there some jealousy attached to this? Or is it just lazy opinion based on these players reputations? Because surely, as much as I like him, Sarcevic doesn’t deserve to be there.

Anyway fuck em. We know how good Santos has been. Let’s keep it between ourselves, keeps the vultures away.

On 28/04/2021 at 12:33, Biggish Dave said:

They tend to pick the nominations for this around Christmas time - or they do with the PFA team of the year so that will explain it

Is that still the case?  I always thought it was bizarre when they did it years ago but with email and twitter, they could ballot in the last week of the season now to at least make it a proper, representative vote.

9 hours ago, desperado said:

Gees these wankers have got a chip on their shoulder.

Santos to get the winner next week. 

Surely they can't be that desperate for Twitter attention? 

Might be wise to tone down the spotty spacker routine on their socials given their current league position.

Edited by deane koontz

On 30/04/2021 at 06:53, Biggish Dave said:

Comes to something when the only Crawley player I’ve heard of is married to a fit Manc lass and spends more time on the wireless than a football pitch

There's rules here for that sort of statement.

Prising myself away from that photo for a moment  ..

Our Sarc is good, but his reputation precedes him. Almost every manager refers to him as our best player and he gets rave reviews even when he's been a bit anonymous. 

Now, where was I ? Oh, yes, my mate Michelle. We were sat by her on a flight to Barbados 2 years ago. Very pleasant. But not dressed like that at the time.

On 14/04/2021 at 14:57, Dimron said:

It'll be the one who scores the 89th minute penalty against Crawley when we need a point to take the No1 slot

I hope I didn't get the first bit right, my nerves won't take it

47 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I've not seen many games this season, but those I have I've been impressed with Thomason. Always wanting the ball, eye for a pass and a good engine.

Might have a good un there.

In October 2020 (as in THIS SEASON), George Thomason played for Bamber Bridge in a 5-0 defeat against Atherton Colls. Today, as he has been for the last few months, he was on another level. Wow. Take a bow all concerned. 

11 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

In October 2020 (as in THIS SEASON), George Thomason played for Bamber Bridge in a 5-0 defeat against Atherton Colls. Today, as he has been for the last few months, he was on another level. Wow. Take a bow all concerned. 

Horwich must have been at this game!