Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Men crying

Cheese

• Site Supporter

Uncomfortable innit? And embarrassing if it's you. I've spent most of today with my eyes inexplicably welled up, trying to force the tears back in. My son turned 9 yesterday so it's probably something to do with that. Working from home thankfully, so no witnesses.

• Members
4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Uncomfortable innit? And embarrassing if it's you. I've spent most of today with my eyes inexplicably welled up, trying to force the tears back in. My son turned 9 yesterday so it's probably something to do with that. Working from home thankfully, so no witnesses.

Nowt wrong with men crying. 

If more men addressed their feelings and emotions instead of being told to 'man up' we wouldn't have such a Problem with male suicide rates. Instead they bottle it up and that no good for anyone x

Had my first proper cry in fucking ages Saturday. Been feeling low for months, letting things build up & generally not bothering to talk about it. Had a road accident that day. Luckily nobody was hurt but that evening it all came out. 

Feeling a little brighter already just from speaking to family. Got me thinking why so many blokes just plod on without recognising when they might need help or to chat to someone.

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Had my first proper cry in fucking ages Saturday. Been feeling low for months, letting things build up & generally not bothering to talk about it. Had a road accident that day. Luckily nobody was hurt but that evening it all came out. 

Feeling a little brighter already just from speaking to family. Got me thinking why so many blokes just plod on without recognising when they might need help or to chat to someone.

The recognising bit is the problem. If you dont recognise it, then that's when the bottle can explode.

50 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I’ve lost friends and close family to suicide it’s horrendous. And had some very dark days myself. It’s not good and whilst it ain’t easy talking, it often lightens the load. 

32 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’ve lost friends and close family to suicide it’s horrendous. And had some very dark days myself. It’s not good and whilst it ain’t easy talking, it often lightens the load. 

Awful innit. Biggest killer of males under 40. 

Aye it does work 👍

Decent documentary this, https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p098hsv6/roman-kemp-our-silent-emergency

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Traf said:

Boys Don't Cry, according to The Cure and Frankie Valli then Fergie said Big Girls Don't Cry.

Real men, however, do cry, which is why Spider doesn't.

I cried when my son was born

I saw the carnage and assumed I’d be rattling around like a pen in a tumble dryer for years after

45 minutes ago, Spider said:

I cried when my son was born

I saw the carnage and assumed I’d be rattling around like a pen in a tumble dryer for years after

The best description I've heard for watching your Mrs give birth was "it was like watching my favourite pub burn down" 😂

• Site Supporter

Years ago there was a coach crash involving a school trip from St. James' Farnworth. Our daughter wasn't on that trip, was on another trip away at the same time. The time between hearing about the crash and our daughter getting home safely was the longest time and I just kept bursting into tears.

12 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Years ago there was a coach crash involving a school trip from St. James' Farnworth. Our daughter wasn't on that trip, was on another trip away at the same time. The time between hearing about the crash and our daughter getting home safely was the longest time and I just kept bursting into tears.

1997?

14 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Thats horrendous.