Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Men crying

Cheese

If one saves their own number in their contacts as MESSAGE one can send oneself bogus 'results tested negative' texts from the clap clinic.

I had to go once for a non-clap reason, I was most put out being forced to rub shoulders with slatterns and men of low character (on that visit).

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

That second one she looks dead. 

I call this one "When your bird tries to wait up for you but passes out after two bottles of wine"

Edited by Zico

• Site Supporter

Anyway, men crying..

Speaking to someone today and they spoke about something which seems to common. They mentioned that their Dad used to be in the pub from 6pm till 10pm every night, drinking away and escaping the world. 

I know this doesn't happen now, so could this escapism be the reason why so many blokes are commiting suicide? Did the evening at the pub work in a way that blokes could talk and be themselves to other half pissed blokes?

Personally i reckon that we are trying to take too much on and there is something there in that our brains simply cannot cope with the amount of shit we deal with day to day. 

10 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Anyway, men crying..

Speaking to someone today and they spoke about something which seems to common. They mentioned that their Dad used to be in the pub from 6pm till 10pm every night, drinking away and escaping the world. 

I know this doesn't happen now, so could this escapism be the reason why so many blokes are commiting suicide? Did the evening at the pub work in a way that blokes could talk and be themselves to other half pissed blokes?

Personally i reckon that we are trying to take too much on and there is something there in that our brains simply cannot cope with the amount of shit we deal with day to day. 

Drugs and social media have a lot to answer for 

• Site Supporter
Just now, royal white said:

Drugs and social media have a lot to answer for 

Social media is one of those things that I wish could be un-invented. I spend a lot of time on facebook and a lot of work etc comes through it, but it's too predominant. People show their best lives through it and it's away from the harsh realities. 

Increased communication has led to a development of "now" culture. Businesses need profit yesterday which leads to increased pressure and workload on staff resulting in a poorer work/life balance etc. Work that was previously undertaken by several people is now done by just one. 

Getting back to the crying bit.  I was at the dentist today and it seems I’m grinding my knashers whilst asleep, I’ve got a guard to put in at night.   Apparently it’s got very common now during this pandemic, mad isn’t it.   I explained I’m not married so not a clue why I’d be stressed, Wanderers are winning, alls well.