Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers v Carlisle

gonzo

Last half hour was absolutely fucking shite. The one thing we couldn't do was just sit on the edge of our own box and let them come at us but that's what we did. Kept giving ball away time and time again. 

We have no fucking idea how to play when we are 1 up. 

Why Evatt brought off Afolayan instead of Lee beats me. Lee was fucking rubbish and knackered and should of been off. Taking off dapo gave them more incentive to come forward. 

MJ Williams was non existent for the last half hour. I'd expect our defensive midfielder to help protect the defence but he just ambles about doing fuck all. 

We defended well but we allowed too much pressure. Anyone who is happy with that performance in the second half is kidding themselves. 

We can not afford to be that shit against Morecambe. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I hope so 

Sarc in front of MJ & Lee for me in their best positions 

IE suggested he'd be ready for Saturday in the interview. 

Lee isn't quite natural further forward, prefer him coming onto the ball from a slightly deeper role, and he certainly doesn't have the goalscorers knack.

They need some rest too I reckon. Don't over train them.

1 minute ago, captainmed said:

It’s all on Sat now.

Man for man we are a million times better.

Win and we are virtually up.

Theyve scored 11 goals in the last three games! On paper yes, on the pitch, not sure! im really not confident for Saturday!

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

Last half hour was absolutely fucking shite. The one thing we couldn't do was just sit on the edge of our own box and let them come at us but that's what we did. Kept giving ball away time and time again. 

We have no fucking idea how to play when we are 1 up. 

Why Evatt brought off Afolayan instead of Lee beats me. Lee was fucking rubbish and knackered and should of been off. Taking off dapo gave them more incentive to come forward. 

MJ Williams was non existent for the last half hour. I'd expect our defensive midfielder to help protect the defence but he just ambles about doing fuck all. 

We defended well but we allowed too much pressure. Anyone who is happy with that performance in the second half is kidding themselves. 

We can not afford to be that shit against Morecambe. 

When we drop off and invite them on, then it puts Williams under more pressure. I didn't mind Dapo going off as we were already dropping deeper, and defending isn't his strongest point.

Saying that, Fonz wasn't up to much neither. 

Perhaps a fourth midfielder wouldn't have done amiss if we are going to sit so deep.

Morecambe definitely going to have a go, so we may create some chances, but we'll need to take them you'd expect.