Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers v Carlisle

gonzo

• Members
18 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I thought Gilks landed awkwardly on one leg and possibly tweaked his knee, similar to their player who went off in the 1st half

He wouldn’t have carried on, seasoned pro our Gilksy

• Members
5 minutes ago, marple whites said:

I am mentally exhausted after that second half.  Not sure why afolayan got taken off as that seemed to be when we stopped attacking - he was having a great game.

anyway, great defending and another game ticked off.

Keeping him fresh for Saturday and trying to see the game out?

3 minutes ago, Traf said:

Results game now, folks.

Win ugly rather lose an open game. That was the difference between tonight and Saturday.

Don't forget, the Whites are going up.

UTFW

Yep. These won’t be remembered when we go up

Don’t understand all the negativity about Saturday. The boys will be right up for this one and all the pressure is on Morecambe at home. Yes, they’ve done well and are obviously a decent side but so are we. Nerves play a part for all teams at this stage so they'll be as worried as we are but we have the players to get a result there and I fully believe we will.

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Traf said:

Results game now, folks.

Win ugly rather lose an open game. That was the difference between tonight and Saturday.

Don't forget, the Whites are going up.

UTFW

It's been like that for most of this run tbf 

Or that's how it feels bar one or two entertaining games 

Don't get me wrong, will take it all day long but this is the least entertaining or enjoyable promotion drive I've seen 

Purely down to the fact we rarely win by more than one goal  

So credit the the defence 

Can't wait for Sarcevic to return though 

14 minutes ago, Zico said:

Don't get me wrong, will take it all day long but this is the least entertaining or enjoyable promotion drive I've seen 

Don’t agree with that Zico, I think most of the games have been incredibly entertaining and certainly more so than anything we saw under Parkinson. Some of our football has been exceptional and if we’d been able finish we’d have benefitted more from it. I agree the 1-0 results have at times been both frustrating and worrying but defending is just as much a part of the game as attacking and I think we’ve done both well given where we were at the end of the year. I actually think we’ll surprise on Saturday and win well at Morecambe. Being more of a footballing team should suit us better than being battered aerially and I think on that basis we’re the best by far in this league. Bring it on, can’t wait.

19 minutes ago, Zico said:

Yeah, it hasn't been much fun.

2 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Don’t understand all the negativity about Saturday. The boys will be right up for this one and all the pressure is on Morecambe at home. Yes, they’ve done well and are obviously a decent side but so are we. Nerves play a part for all teams at this stage so they'll be as worried as we are but we have the players to get a result there and I fully believe we will.

Who are you and who has hacked your account ?
For once I totally agree. 

7 hours ago, waddy256 said:

Who are you and who has hacked your account ?
For once I totally agree. 

I’m sure if you read all my posts in the spirit they were written waddy, you’d agree with most of them, even if some are harder to hear. Anyway, let’s go and put these shrimpers in their place on Saturday, a win there almost seals it for us 😉😜

• The topic was unpinned