Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

European Super League

Spider

• Members
Just now, Dimron said:

I recall fans saying the proposed "super league" wasn't going to happen but it did and became the Premier League.

They will forget their local fanbases, this is about global betting and tv rights, Liverpool v Barca will be played at the White Sox stadium and so on.

It'll be good for the remaining clubs, I have a friend who has late in life abandoned Liverpool and now watches his local league club because he can't get hold of overpriced tickets

Well not really, the old money division one didn’t break away and start a new league and select certain clubs, Arsenal haven’t been in the CL for 5 years, never won the CL haven’t won the PL in nearly 20 years, but now think they can just go into an ‘elite’ league?

There isn’t a big 6 in the PL, that’s utter nonsense. 

6 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Well not really, the old money division one didn’t break away and start a new league and select certain clubs, Arsenal haven’t been in the CL for 5 years, never won the CL haven’t won the PL in nearly 20 years, but now think they can just go into an ‘elite’ league?

There isn’t a big 6 in the PL, that’s utter nonsense. 

If there isn't a big 6 in the PL than maybe Blackburn should be included as they won the first PL title.

All about the big city football club businesses divvying up with the on line bookies, you can't stop it

Edited by Dimron

1 minute ago, Dimron said:

If there isn't a big 6 in the PL than maybe Blackburn should be included as they won the first PL title.

All about the big city football club businesses divvying up with the on line bookies, you can't stop it

Well, Stoke should be there, then

• Members
4 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Spurs arent

Arsenal are a shambles of a club

United haven’t won the league in 10 years but are still arguably the biggest club in the world

Liverpool Chelsea and City have dominated The last decade but imagine going to a league without real competition 

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Spurs arent

United haven’t won the league in 10 years but are still arguably the biggest club in the world

Liverpool Chelsea and City have dominated The last decade but imagine going to a league without real competition 

Liverpool were a top team for 2 seasons

7 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Spurs arent

Okay I got that bit wrong (again my perception of history can be lacking) but my point is that it isn't about performances but the big business owners carving things up on the basis of money and fanbase. Who could possibly imagine we are going to have a world cup in the middle of the Arabian desert in air conditioned bubbles? If that can happen, anything can and the timing of this announcement makes me suspicious.

It's all about the Chinese betting market

• Members
3 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Okay I got that bit wrong (again my perception of history can be lacking) but my point is that it isn't about performances but the big business owners carving things up on the basis of money and fanbase. Who could possibly imagine we are going to have a world cup in the middle of the Arabian desert in air conditioned bubbles? If that can happen, anything can and the timing of this announcement makes me suspicious.

It's all about the Chinese betting market

Oh I completely see what you mean I just think there’s a level of arrogance for some of these teams to jump ship to a so called super league when they can’t even compete in this league 

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Oh I completely see what you mean I just think there’s a level of arrogance for some of these teams to jump ship to a so called super league when they can’t even compete in this league 

Unfortunately its about the fat cats parking their £100 million yachts by Tower Bridge on match day, let them go is what I say, it'll be in everyone's' interest (except Sky)

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

I’m loving the Gary Neville way of dealing with it. Tell United, Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Cityand Spurs to fuck off. Ban them from playing in the Premier League; a league it seems they give no fucks about.

That’d certainly ruffle a few feathers. Fuck off to the Northern Premier League and play your way back. 

We don't want the greedy selfish twats

Gary Neville has some neck, coming across like some saint through all of this. It was only a couple of seasons back he was harping on about how managers need 2-3 seasons at a club. The club he part owns are on their 3rd manager this year. 

Edited by royal white

7 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Makes no difference to me, I’m not a football fan, I’m a Bolton Wanderers supporter, couldn’t care less about anyone else and have no interest in watching them, my love is my club.  

And we’ll have a better chance of competing when we get back to the top division.

Fuck the lot of em

1 minute ago, royal white said:

Gary Neville has some beck, coming across like some saint through all of this. It was only a couple of seasons back he was harping on about how managers need 2-3 seasons at a club. The club he part owns are on their 3rd manager this year. 

See all previous comments about him

• Members
7 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Makes no difference to me, I’m not a football fan, I’m a Bolton Wanderers supporter, couldn’t care less about anyone else and have no interest in watching them, my love is my club.  

The thing is it affects the entire pyramid. That money thats gets filtered down through the leagues will end up being less because these big drawer audience teams aren’t bringing in the ratings for the sponsorships.

It’s selfish 

• Members
1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Is it not all just a hollow threat in an effort to restructure the TV deal so that the top six get a bigger slice of the pie like they do in Spain? Doesn’t explain why the non-English clubs have signed up, mind. 

It’s exactly what the top 3 in Spain want 

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

The thing is it affects the entire pyramid. That money thats gets filtered down through the leagues will end up being less because these big drawer audience teams aren’t bringing in the ratings for the sponsorships.

It’s selfish 

But what will the "big" clubs do with the extra money? Just bunk up the player wages yet again.