Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

European Super League

Spider

26 minutes ago, wiggy said:

So it looks like this is just a midweek competition that’s being proposed. The clubs want to do this whilst continuing to take the money from the domestic leagues too. Well you can’t have your cake and eat it 

Well they can get to fuck with that. Cheeky greedy cunts.

And to think that for generations Citeh defined themselves as the antidote to those crass, soulless money grabbing red twats on the other side of town. Well they're right up there / down there with them now by getting behind this money making scam.

Shameful

Edited by Burnden Pies

Be interested to see how this all plays out, lots of things to consider. 

Existing competitions could be radically altered or even cease to exist. Premier League have a dilemma that if they expel the big 6 clubs then that could damage the PL's profitability but they also need to show backbone.

For our game to survive the 6 need binning asap. Sky then need to come out and say they are not interested in televising a European league......Game of bluff now until August

3.5 billion each how can that league be sustainable if sky pull out.......ppv would be £100 a game

If this went ahead i guess in ten years a club would be winning the league each season proberbly Real Madrid and Spurs/Arsenal would be bottom each season

Edited by masi 51

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, jmjhb said:

This is why you should support your local team

But some people’s local team is United, City, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool or Chelsea. 

there are plenty fans of those teams who are equally as horrified at the proposals as the fans of a club in the lower reaches. 

its not the fans fault their club owners are turned by the money and lets be honest the numbers on the table are incredible. 

• Site Supporter

I’m just hoping it’s a massive scam by all these owners who’ve had enough of football and want to bale out, with this being a brilliant excuse

They’ll take their cash away and Liverpool will be scrapping with Chelsea for the Leyland DAF trophy inside 3 years.

Bring it on,

• Members
15 minutes ago, Horwich said:

I wonder if Sky will try to get the broadcast deal?

Rights are up for grabs in summer, think it will go to Amazon with BT still having the CL and Sky wanting the PL.

The statement is interesting, they want to compete in this but then their domestic league as well, parallel to the Champions league, so how does that work, top 4 who aren’t in the super league get champions league, so in theory. 7th - 10th could get CL football.

Joke. 

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

No way UEFA let’s any of the defectors continue to participate in CL or Europa league.  

Should just let Roma v Villarreal be the final for EL 

And give PSG the CL trophy 

And the Premier League to Leicester 

that’ll learn em

League Cup to?

1 hour ago, Horwich said:

I wonder if Sky will try to get the broadcast deal?

My guess would be Amazon or Netflix. Netflix have built up a very large global customer base during Covid. I would imagine a deal has already been done, hence figures being bandied about.

Edited by Mannyroader

8 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

If they wanna go off fan base then, Leeds, Newcastle, Aston Villa, Rangers, Celtic, West Ham are all as well supported as spurs.

I take it you missed Everton out just to wind Pablo up?They are as well supported as Spurs IMHO. argument for adding Sunderland as well.