Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

European Super League

Spider

30 minutes ago, Horwich said:

I wonder if Sky will try to get the broadcast deal?

I reckon Sky will be left behind for this one. We are talking Amazon or Disney Plus - American money with eye on global market. Real money. What a shit show for the tourists. Utd v Barcelona in Seoul. International Champions League game you can imagine the hype

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Waiting for the iconic

“it’ll be good for the national team”

not if anyone who plays in the this super league gets banned from playing in FIFA tournaments whihc I think has been touted

still think with the timining it's some sort of bargaining chip to make sure they get the bulk of the revamped CL money, the format of which, funnily enough, is to be announced today

• Members

FIFA and UEFA have said players can’t play for their international teams, and they can’t play in their own domestic competitions.

This makes me think that it won’t happen and it’s just a power play for the new Champions league format proposals which just so happens is today. 

Even if it is a power play, the damage these clubs have done by even trying to defect is massive. 

also wouldnt surprise me if Rangers & Sellick jump ship. Now that would make it interesting. I think theyd jump at the chance they would be transformed with the money and they wouldnt care about being banished from Champions League would they? never qualify

Plus the Plastic Paddies in America and rest of the world would have a team to follow. Makes commercial sense.

1 minute ago, Ani said:

Spurs joining a European elite league is like Bananaman joining The Avengers. 

Stolen from Twitter. 

Another league they won't win.

They'd be better off buying a submarine and tackling one of the 20,000 leagues under the sea.

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Rudy said:

FIFA and UEFA have said players can’t play for their international teams, and they can’t play in their own domestic competitions.

This makes me think that it won’t happen and it’s just a power play for the new Champions league format proposals which just so happens is today. 

Even if it is a power play, the damage these clubs have done by even trying to defect is massive. 

in what way?  

will all be forgotten about start of next season - fans have been moaning about the death of football etc for years

would've be interesting to see what a PL looked like without them, more so to see if Everton could finish higher than 8th

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

in what way?  

will all be forgotten about start of next season - fans have been moaning about the death of football etc for years

would've be interesting to see what a PL looked like without them, more so to see if Everton could finish higher than 8th

That’s Everton’s place

• Site Supporter

So when spurs are getting humped every week in this new comp, will they be chucked out or do the initiate a draft system that allows them to pick up the best players ahead of other teams to balance things up a bit.?

N

F

L

• Members
4 minutes ago, Zico said:

in what way?  

All the supporters trusts have come out and condemned their own clubs, FIFA and UEFA will stick them on their shit list, we’re supposed to be bidding for the 2030 World Cup this won’t help, just give it to another oil state. Like spider said threaten it yeah sure, but sign it and push the button, crikey o’reilly.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

So when spurs are getting humped every week in this new comp, will they be chucked out or do the initiate a draft system that allows them to pick up the best players ahead of other teams to balance things up a bit.?

N

F

L

All transfers have to be ratified by FIFA if they don’t recognise the competition under their umbrella then they won’t sign off the transfer, I hope James Milner is ready to play another 10 years. 

6 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

ESL; Valueless

Cl; devalued

PL; unchanged? With added bile

Europa League; even more of a joke

FA Cup; bring back endless replays!

League Cup

Football at the top level is in danger of eating itself, this goes through and more folk will seek alternatives, grass roots, non & lower league could benefit, I’ll be pulling all my football subscriptions, I’ll just go to local non games midweek (if BWFC not playing) Only issue is if the lower leagues can survive without the money filtering down. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

There’s got to be more to this than meets the eye.

No way have they expected a good response on this.

Its fucking sinister.

And most of these clubs are sat on collosal amounts of debt.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Rudy said:

All the supporters trusts have come out and condemned their own clubs, FIFA and UEFA will stick them on their shit list, we’re supposed to be bidding for the 2030 World Cup this won’t help, just give it to another oil state. Like spider said threaten it yeah sure, but sign it and push the button, crikey o’reilly.

they've been threatening for years

as been said, the new CL format is agreed today

perhaps threatening wasn't enough this time to get their own way, so take it a step further

end of the day, UEFA and FIFA run the show, the super league won't get off the ground, or, it will be full of has beens like the Chinese Super League and MLS

the owners couldn't care less about the supporters trusts

interesting the the president of the new super league is the guy in charge at R Madrid, and one of the glazers is vic president, something like that

• Members
3 minutes ago, Zico said:

they've been threatening for years

as been said, the new CL format is agreed today

perhaps threatening wasn't enough this time to get their own way, so take it a step further

end of the day, UEFA and FIFA run the show, the super league won't get off the ground, or, it will be full of has beens like the Chinese Super League and MLS

the owners couldn't care less about the supporters trusts

interesting the the president of the new super league is the guy in charge at R Madrid, and one of the glazers is vic president, something like that

Signed off after Club elections in la liga after they said they wouldn’t go ahead with it.

I don’t see it happening, hope FIFA have some bollocks about them 

This is what happens when countries and corporations buy football club.

JP Morgan are helping finance it. Says on sky the 12 founding clubs will get 3 billion! Still think it wont happen? The Juve chairman had resigned from his UEFA positions.Real Madrid Chairman saying its happening. They have sent legal letters to UEFA & FIFA to stop them preventing it!

They have obviously decided they need to break away from UEFA to pursue this money. Joel Glazer vice chairman that tells you everything. People now waking up to fact that their club is a commodity and its history and traditions count for nothing if you can make billions round the world. 

and FIFA cant really complain- world cup in Qatar??