Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

European Super League

Spider

This has been planned behind the scenes for long time and i bet lawyers for JP Morgan/owners of these clubs think they can take on UEFA/FIFA. The timing has everything to do with this UEFA meeting today. Its a war.

Just being announced all the clubs have resigned from ECA. They are serious.

• Site Supporter

Whilst I'm uncomfortable standing shoulder to shoulder with the fucking scousers and the mancs, the supporters need to completely turn their backs on their clubs.

Football lives and breathes on the banter and rivalry that has existed for over a century.

They have to vote with their feet and season ticket sales.

Let's see JP Morgan sell a product with near-empty stadiums.

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

Whilst I'm uncomfortable standing shoulder to shoulder with the fucking scousers and the mancs, the supporters need to completely turn their backs on their clubs.

Football lives and breathes on the banter and rivalry that has existed for over a century.

It’ll be interesting 

The Glazers fleece their fans by insisting they buy a ticket for every game (I think)

will the hordes be able to resist?

Just imagine in this league of 12 your team with say 6 games to go sat sat in 8th place playing the team in 9th place, neither team can win the league,meh! The last 5 games for each of those clubs are dead rubbers. There may be more money for how high you finish but the fans won’t be arsed about that.

If all the games are midweek, how will that fit in with International games? Will the clubs observe International breaks as happens now. If players are travelling all over the world to play, how can they be fit to play twice a week, most weeks and will it result in second teams being played in the PL, weakening the competition? As far as this extra money is concerned, it won’t come back properly to lower down, as it doesn’t now with the PL but will just inflate wage and transfer fees to even more ridiculous levels. The authorities must stand up against this and if the “big teams” want to go then they should be expelled from ant other forms of football. Can the authorities do this legally though? These clubs must have thought this through and banning them may infringe European Law?

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

If all the games are midweek, how will that fit in with International games? Will the clubs observe International breaks as happens now. If players are travelling all over the world to play, how can they be fit to play twice a week, most weeks and will it result in second teams being played in the PL, weakening the competition? As far as this extra money is concerned, it won’t come back properly to lower down, as it doesn’t now with the PL but will just inflate wage and transfer fees to even more ridiculous levels. The authorities must stand up against this and if the “big teams” want to go then they should be expelled from ant other forms of football. Can the authorities do this legally though? These clubs must have thought this through and banning them may infringe European Law?

The football league can do what they like, it's their competition, their business.

The big clubs are banking on the league shitting themselves and being left with a second rate product without them.

Which is precisely what will happen. SKY, BT and all the money folk won't want to be selling Burnley vs Watford as their Super Sunday every week.

Any opposition that counts needs to come from the fans.

This is actually a good chance to get our game back, and VAR is first against the wall when we do.

29 minutes ago, Spider said:

They'll give it the big 'un on forums like this Spider, but if it happens they'll lap it up.

I'll say again, if they are allowed to remain in domestic leagues, just don't play them.

It's pointless anyway given the huge increase in resources these clubs will get, it's bad enough now.

• Site Supporter

Looks like Bayern and Dortmund are joining up, along with Porto and PSG.

Porto. Snigger.

It's happening for sure.

I'm out, but tellingly, my 14 year old lad and all his mates seem very interested indeed.

Life moves on dunnit?

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Looks like Bayern and Dortmund are joining up, along with Porto and PSG.

Porto. Snigger.

It's happening for sure.

I'm out, but tellingly, my 14 year old lad and all his mates seem very interested indeed.

Life moves on dunnit?

Porto had to join, as it is was the only club missing from Mourinho's CV

I don't get it. If there is no promotion, relegation or qualification to a european competition on merit, what's the point ? Once the novelty wears off why would anyone - even armchair fans - want to watch glorified exhibition matches ?

If the leagues & football authorities keep their nerve & totally exclude these "elite" wankers from any other competitions,their "elite" league will surely quickly become a meaningless sideshow. 

If the German clubs are going to join then they might have to change their set up. 51% owned by fans and hard to see how they can go for it.

Best thing the new clubs could do is invite Rangers & Celtic. They would be desperate to join and the shit would really hit the fan. They are big enough and lets face it previous performance on pitch has nothing to do with this super league.

I think PSG with their owners would be others leaving French PM with egg on his face after his comments yesterday 

3 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

If the German clubs are going to join then they might have to change their set up. 51% owned by fans and hard to see how they can go for it.

Best thing the new clubs could do is invite Rangers & Celtic. They would be desperate to join and the shit would really hit the fan. They are big enough and lets face it previous performance on pitch has nothing to do with this super league.

I think PSG with their owners would be others leaving French PM with egg on his face after his comments yesterday 

Macron with egg on his face?

There’s a first!

Sky have created this monster. Pushing the "top 6" all the time....even when half of that group are not even top 6 in the league.

Pandering ot them as much as possible, contact coverage, prime TV slots etc, its created this monster and handed them that "power".

Although FIFA / UEFA are fuming....they are only so because it does not involve them.

But all domestic league need to stcik together and stand up to these clubs.

Who cares if the sky money reduces next season....clubs will have to change how we all operate, stuff the foreigners, play the kids.

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Spider said:

Be interesting to hear the thoughts of the assorted managers.

These are, after all, their employers. 

Well, Spurs dealt with Mourinho swiftly after he refused to take training over it 

Edit: that reason is based on one source, awaydaysbible, on Instagram

Edited by Zico