Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

European Super League

Spider

Not trawling back, so sorry if it has been said already....

Fuck 'em.
Let 'em go.
Don't let them back in.
Bar their players from playing for England.
Re build the league as a 4-division set up of 20 and 3 x 22 without them.

4 up, 4 down from every league to avoid late season dead-rubbers

Still relegate clubs this season as planned

• Members

I despise the scousers, especially their fans,but credit where credit is due no and I do mean NO ONE makes banners faster than them. 
Anfield covered in anti super league banners less than 24 hours after the news broke.

Just now, Rudy said:

I despise the scousers, especially their fans,but credit where credit is due no and I do mean NO ONE makes banners faster than them. 
Anfield covered in anti super league banners less than 24 hours after the news broke.

They've hardly much else to do in daylight.

A lot depends on what the final structure looks like. 

If the teams are excluded from the top leagues and cups and the players banned from International football it is totally different than if they retain those rights. 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I was thinking that.

They must have a press next to the stadium

18 minutes ago, Rudy said:

What made you hate scousers  ? Did you get a smack on the Scotty Rd.😀

"The Big Six". I thought that was the six clubs involved in discussions to found the Football League: Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Preston North End, Stoke and West Bromwich Albion.

They didn't protect their status, and after finishing bottom of the league for the first two seasons Stoke were voted out and replaced by distant Sunderland.

1 minute ago, MalcolmW said:

"The Big Six". I thought that was the six clubs involved in discussions to found the Football League: Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Preston North End, Stoke and West Bromwich Albion.

They didn't protect their status, and after finishing bottom of the league for the first two seasons Stoke were voted out and replaced by distant Sunderland.

Distant Sunderland? Is that like Leicester Fosse?

47 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Those super league clubs will be back way before that happens.

Someone has to be bottom of that league...do you think clubs used to being the top, will be happy to be bottom of this new thing !?! Its not as rosey for everyone as it seems.

No relegation, that's the key - just the cash.

1 hour ago, Pablo said:

Everton bought who they wanted before sky anyway, we do have the advantage of having a big fan base.

IF money went, than it would level alot of the prem again.

Obviously the big waged foreigners would go....not arsed about most of them anyway. Rather play young lads every game...couldn't care less if we are in europe or mid-table.

Go where though Pedro? Where would they go if all the European leagues had reigned in spending? We had perfectly good teams before foreign mercenaries came over here looking for PL riches and the stupid wages being paid. Levelling down actually wouldn’t affect us as supporters if we could still sign good players but at much lower wages. Are we saying that players earning £2m wouldn’t perform just as well on £1m and still have a higher level life than the majority of working people? We’ve just lost all sense of perspective and I personally would rather see and support players I can identify with, rather than multi millionaire reprobates who are too big for their Nike boots. Maybe I’m the only one but to be honest, I hope they do pack up and go and I think football here would be far better off for it than worse.

11 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

No relegation, that's the key - just the cash.

How long would Spurs, in 19th, v Porto, in 20th place, be of interest to anyone?

I’m not hearing anything of them being chucked out of the Prem.

1 hour ago, Revelredne1961 said:

Football survived long before Sky, would it be so bad to go back to clubs surviving on the size of their support? Sure we won't get to see the best players in the world but if my club is winning I don't give a fuck 

I just don’t get this, we won’t see the best players bit. Sky aren’t going to pull the plug on football just because the big six clear off. There is still mega money to be made because fans want to watch football and will pay for it. Look at our iFollow numbers and that’s in L2. Of course revenue will be down but how is that a bad thing if players have to take a pay cut from their stupid money now? Are you saying that these 15 or 20 clubs are going to buy up all the good players? They might have the cream but if the ones that are left can form an effective competition, which they will, what’s wrong with that. And you can forget about these clubs spending money on academies, they’ll just buy ready made when they want. Football was here before the PL and better and more enjoyable in my view and will be after it’s gone and returned to League 1.

1 minute ago, Whitesince63 said:

I just don’t get this, we won’t see the best players bit. Sky aren’t going to pull the plug on football just because the big six clear off. There is still mega money to be made because fans want to watch football and will pay for it. Look at our iFollow numbers and that’s in L2. Of course revenue will be down but how is that a bad thing if players have to take a pay cut from their stupid money now? Are you saying that these 15 or 20 clubs are going to buy up all the good players? They might have the cream but if the ones that are left can form an effective competition, which they will, what’s wrong with that. And you can forget about these clubs spending money on academies, they’ll just buy ready made when they want. Football was here before the PL and better and more enjoyable in my view and will be after it’s gone and returned to League 1.

Where can I see the ifollow figures?

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Go where though Pedro? Where would they go if all the European leagues had reigned in spending? We had perfectly good teams before foreign mercenaries came over here looking for PL riches and the stupid wages being paid. Levelling down actually wouldn’t affect us as supporters if we could still sign good players but at much lower wages. Are we saying that players earning £2m wouldn’t perform just as well on £1m and still have a higher level life than the majority of working people? We’ve just lost all sense of perspective and I personally would rather see and support players I can identify with, rather than multi millionaire reprobates who are too big for their Nike boots. Maybe I’m the only one but to be honest, I hope they do pack up and go and I think football here would be far better off for it than worse.

Pedro? That’s his twin brother.

18 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

How long would Spurs, in 19th, v Porto, in 20th place, be of interest to anyone?

I’m not hearing anything of them being chucked out of the Prem.

They reason they like it is its a franchise competition, places are largely irrelevant, its about play offs and finals.

Stop thinking about it like a traditional league format.

• Site Supporter

The only reason closed shops like this work in America is because of the draft system.

Tampa Bay were utter dogshit a few years ago but won the Super Bowl this time around. Though admittedly they transferred in a superstar quarterback which helped. But the draft allows teams on their arse to build on the best new and upcoming talent.

This won’t have a draft system which means a shit team will almost certainly always be shit.

12 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

They reason they like it is its a franchise competition, places are largely irrelevant, its about play offs and finals.

Stop thinking about it like a traditional league format.

Until people are bored.