Spider

56 minutes ago, Horwich said:

Everyone is looking after themselves

Glazers at united

Sheikhs at city

Neville at Salford

Dont been fooled

Imagine the potential of 1000s of new fans at your club if all this kicks off 🙄

Not sure if Abramovich wants some of his money back but reckon Chelsea and City could break rank as  know this is only way the 'istree clubs can compete with them and PSG now that they have beaten FFP.

The yank owned clubs need to service Massive debt.  Spurs have to pay for stadium they wont be filling with NFL fans anytime soon.  Barca and Real both up to their necks in debt and need huge stadium redevelopment. They are all desperate for extra revenue while City and Chelsea quietly turn their Academy into gold mines

Given UEFA were about to put aside places for teams with 'istree who failed to qualify to cover the odd chance some team breaks the cartel the indignation against this is hypocritical beyond belief with Sky knowing individual club streaming deals will kill them.

9 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Sky sports news saying 14% of Fans in their survey want this ESL to go ahead, they must have surveyed the owners because that figure is bullshit.

The 14% are Arsenal and Spurs fans

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

The 14% are Arsenal and Spurs fans

Arsenal season ticket holder who works for us says he won’t be renewing if it goes ahead.

Reckons the spuds are loving it though.

I was wondering if members of the ESL social club can sue these new upstarts for breaching their rights by dragging their name through the dirt. 

If M&S can get shitty over a caterpillar cake why not ? 

If players of these clubs are banned from representing their countries then this will stop the whole sordid affair from happening, IMO.

Will the likes of Kane, Rashford, Mount, etc, who are already multi-millionaires, be willing to give up their dreams of playing in World Cups for a few £million more each year?  Personally, I don't think so.

11 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Good points, maybe the survey was to narrow, not enough scope within the questions. Anyway it doesn't affect us, so like most on here, fuck em.

Veteran of the brexit thread 😃

People just need to read the Deloitte's annual report on football to get all the main financial and surveyed points. Its one of the most comprehensive and the one that is used by clubs as well. It's really interesting and not massively long. 

• Members
1 minute ago, gonzo said:

What’s the consensus at city mate? 

No one knows anything all speculation, I have a mate at Liverpool and they’re the same, and the players have  been told not to speak to the media or post things on social media and basically carry on as normal 

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Rudy said:

No one knows anything all speculation, I have a mate at Liverpool and they’re the same, and the players have  been told not to speak to the media or post things on social media and basically carry on as normal 

An interesting point there. Players are happy to post on whatever subject they choose normally. No fan of them doing so in fairness, as it leads to hassle, but it is somewhat ironic that they stop now.

It's very soon, and they weren't consulted, so they need some time to see how the land lies. However in time I think they need to come out and speak their mind or they will be condemned by fans, along with these unscrupulous owners.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

An interesting point there. Players are happy to post on whatever subject they choose normally. No fan of them doing so in fairness, as it leads to hassle, but it is somewhat ironic that they stop now.

It's very soon, and they weren't consulted, so they need some time to see how the land lies. However in time I think they need to come out and speak their mind or they will be condemned by fans, along with these unscrupulous owners.

Apparently Liverpool declined to do post match interviews as per the powers that be until they were reminded of their obligation that they have to be done, no one wanted to say anything Milner said he would.

Jordan Henderson wanted to speak on MNF and told no 

Fernandes was told to take his Instagram post down by United as well  

Very strange  

Gave up Sky Sports 3 years ago because except for the cricket, I found it boring.

I was recently offered a super deal whereby I now pay less in total for broadband, etc. including SkySports. Effectively getting SkySports for nothing.

I can say that it has changed. The footie is now incredibly boring.