Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

European Super League

Spider

3 hours ago, Carlos said:

Tell you what... Seen a lot of Liverpool and United fans massively opposed to this, and credit to them.

What I've not seen much of is the Massives. Citeh becoming everything they've claimed to hate. A massive joke.

Poll on Bluemoonways 95% against which considering how much UEFA tried to fuck them over seems high 

Edited by green genie

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, green genie said:

Poll on Bluemoonways 95% against which considering how much UEFA tried to fuck them over seems high 

There’s having a poll and there’s people getting off their arses to protest like other clubs have.

Remember the top 6 put a deal on the table a few months back asking for greater power on voting rights and for only 18 teams in the PL + some other stuff and the rest of the PL said "no."

Think that was their final attempt to try and get what they wanted in some form of peaceful manner. After it failed they've gone balls out with this ESL.

I said earlier, let them fuck off but realistically it's not going to happen. The PL needs the top 6 (see Steve Parish's interview on MNF) but the top 6 think they don't need the PL or they can at least bully them into this proposal.

As much as I'd like to believe that the 14 others will vote to relegate or even expel the top 6 and the romantic idea that  the masses will boycott the ESL and the top clubs will crumble into nothingness and come back begging for forgiveness, it's not going to happen. There's too many global arm chair fans and these billionaires know that if they can push this through, eventually it will become the norm and all the uproar will die down.

The big 6 english teams still want to be involved in the PL for the money obviously but they all want guaranteed top flight European football every season, which makes sense in England where 6 clubs are pushing for the 4 CL places but in Spain, Real, Barca and even Athleti atm are practically guaranteed CL football. Juve the same in Italy. So I'm not too surprised by the backing of the English clubs and clubs like AC Milan but Barca, Real and Juve in particular have shown themselves to be even more greedy if that's possible.

I think that the plan can be stopped but I would suspect that these top clubs will use this as leverage to skew the rules in their favour some way or another. It's rotten but it's the way football is going.

The most romantic opinion I've seen yet. Not slagging it off just not sure it would work out.

I know fuck all about Rugby and the split but imagine this ends up being like Rugby Union vs Rugby League but with the Premier League and domestic leagues vs the Super League.

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

I presume that @boltondiveris eagerly awaiting a response from every single PL player 🙂, unless he was singling out Rashford for some strange reason?!?!

Every single one, yes

Just now, Mantra said:

The most romantic opinion I've seen yet. Not slagging it off just not sure it would work out.

I know fuck all about Rugby and the split but imagine this ends up being like Rugby Union vs Rugby League but with the Premier League and domestic leagues vs the Super League.

My only downer on this will be the next big 6 clubs with the most money will eventually dominate the league again and it'll be as you were.

We need a leveler financial playing field, otherwise football in the lower leagues particularly will slowly die off. Where will our next Tony Caldwell come from?

17 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Speak English boy

look at the teams owners. If the dallas cowboys wanted more money "just because" , teams like the buccs would lose out. 

to not even think youd get the shitty end of the stick when you yourself* own a mid tier sports team - is mental. 

I dont give a shit, adding 4 teams to the European Cup per country probably was the start, acting all against it now is a bit much from the likes of gary neville (neither bayern munich or united were champions of england or germany in '98) and even  UEFA themselves. 

*the buccs or the LA Rams or denver nuggets or whoever

Edited by e2e4
added even

• Site Supporter

Of course we all know this is the fault of Jonny Evans.

Bolton would have secured a Champions League spot but for him.

That would have signalled the end of the stranglehold of the usual clubs at the time and the Prem would have been a ten-way battle most seasons subsequently.

The levelling off created by this would have have far reaching implications and the game would be much healthier with BWFC in regular European competition.

So let’s mob up, go and get Evans and throw the cunt to the lions.

46 minutes ago, Spider said:

That would have signalled the end of the stranglehold of the usual clubs at the time and the Prem would have been a ten-way battle most seasons subsequently.

The levelling off created by this would have have far reaching implications and the game would be much healthier with BWFC in regular European competition.

Whilst I don't agree with any of the reasoning. I'd quite happily join in to throw that donkey into the nearest pit of lions.

• Members
1 hour ago, Ani said:

Chelsea fans showing very poor banner making skills. Cardboard and bed sheets. 

I expected more. 

Wallpushers were churning printed ones out within the hour.

Top Banners

• Members
1 hour ago, Spider said:

Lions deserve the finest cuisine, not that cunt.

Throw him In a volcano