Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

European Super League

Spider

With a bit of luck ... the Glazers see their arses & decide it's simply not worth bothering.

They make it known that the club's for sale.

A consortium fronted by 'the Class of 92' takes over. It a turns out to be a bit more difficult than they realise & become perennial strugglers.

Meanwhile 'The 92' forget all about Salford, they slither down to the North Manchester Wednesday Afternoon level before folding & being a minor hicough in the history books.

I think the money men will think twice now with it. They have just lost 50% of the £350million per club pie. Can’t see the yanks being happy with that. 

hopefully we get some big reforms. People know the Prem is shit now. Too much money. We need more fan involvement similar to Germany. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Big E said:

I think the money men will think twice now with it. They have just lost 50% of the £350million per club pie. Can’t see the yanks being happy with that. 

hopefully we get some big reforms. People know the Prem is shit now. Too much money. We need more fan involvement similar to Germany. 

Need the 51 club German models. The main reason the German sides didn’t sign up 

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Loads of fans from the big six out protesting this week so far. 

Can sympathise with em to be honest. 

I've been a bit out the loop with this thread though. I imagine all the folk moaning about blm protests and vigils have also been up in arms about the football lads out this week? 

From a Covid-19 perspective?

Shouldn't be there.

From a behaviour perspective: no statues ripped up, no cars burned, no police attacked and no buildings smashed up. Football fans eh; complete cunts, all need twatting with truncheons and convicting of right wing extremism.

There you go, feel better?

12 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

It's very cute that they've apologised but are they not just going to waltz away with no consequences still not giving a fuck and putting it to one side for now?

I know some are saying they should be punished, well that's not going to happen - as you suggest, we'll just return back to "normal" now, and it'll rear it's head again in another few years. I'd expect the next step for these big clubs, is to play a some "home" games on foreign soil, and I'd not be surprised to see that be accepted before the end of this decade

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

From a Covid-19 perspective?

Shouldn't be there.

From a behaviour perspective: no statues ripped up, no cars burned, no police attacked and no buildings smashed up. Football fans eh; complete cunts, all need twatting with truncheons and convicting of right wing extremism.

There you go, feel better?

Loads better, thank you 👍

I love football fans me - I think the police handled it all very well by letting them take place. Covid's here to stay so it seems, and as cases go down then some reasons justify being on the streets. Especially if the heart of your club is at stake. 

A valid point re aspects of the blm and kill the bill protests. Maybe difficult to apply to women's ones. Police acted completely differently with the football fans. Unless I've missed something and there were loads of arrests? 

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Should be hit with a suspended punishment but that’s not fair on players staff and fans

Should be a massive fine to the owners but doubt that would bother them or prevent them in the future 

When we did not pay our bills our players and fans got punished with an embargo and points deduction. 
You try and fuck over the whole system for your own personal greed and that is just forgotten ? Do not get me wrong they will get away with it unpunished but the logic is bollocks. They are big rich and powerful, an elite beyond the rules. 
They try to fuck the whole system and that is OK. 

• Members
8 minutes ago, Ani said:

When we did not pay our bills our players and fans got punished with an embargo and points deduction. 
You try and fuck over the whole system for your own personal greed and that is just forgotten ? Do not get me wrong they will get away with it unpunished but the logic is bollocks. They are big rich and powerful, an elite beyond the rules. 
They try to fuck the whole system and that is OK. 

I completely agree. 
Hopefully there is a punishment in place in the rulebook for such things but I doubt it 

Well, now it's out in the open & undeniable that there are 6 UK clubs who feel superior to the rest and, clearly, feel they are due more than their share.

A few more would have argued the same if the timing had been different. Had Leeds & Newcastle, Everton quite possibly, Villa maybe been a bit more successful they wouldn't have turned it down.

These guys haven't gone away, just retreated. They'll prepare better and return more oven-ready than before

Quite frankly I was cool with it. The idea of not having Liverpool, Stretford shoved down our throats was really quite appealing.

37 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Well, now it's out in the open & undeniable that there are 6 UK clubs who feel superior to the rest and, clearly, feel they are due more than their share.

A few more would have argued the same if the timing had been different. Had Leeds & Newcastle, Everton quite possibly, Villa maybe been a bit more successful they wouldn't have turned it down.

These guys haven't gone away, just retreated. They'll prepare better and return more oven-ready than before

Quite frankly I was cool with it. The idea of not having Liverpool, Stretford shoved down our throats was really quite appealing.

Even this self-serving structure would function better than the proposed changes when CL is expanded to 36 clubs. Each club plays 5 clubs at home and 5 different clubs away.... And then the league table defines qualifiers! [This might not quite work adequately]

• Site Supporter

I think some sort of punishment wouldn't go amiss, but it would need to be cleverly done, or fans from those clubs could feel aggrieved despite their opposition bringing the idea down.

A little point deduction maybe, but a relegation suspended for a few years perhaps.

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I think some sort of punishment wouldn't go amiss, but it would need to be cleverly done, or fans from those clubs could feel aggrieved despite their opposition bringing the idea down.

A little point deduction maybe, but a relegation suspended for a few years perhaps.

I suppose they can only be punished if they've broken any rules - you can't dole out a punishment just because you feel like it and don't like what somebody has done, it can only be done if rules have been broken. I don't know enough about what football clubs sign up to, in order to be part of the PL, so maybe they have broken some rules, but I bet they haven't