Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Jose

deane koontz

5 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I know, this payoff must have been eyewatering - was he getting 12 million a year or something stupid at Spurs?

£15m a year.

Payout is reportedly going to be £30-35m, plus £20m for his staff. 

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Think he'll go into International management now, that's where most failed washed-up managers end up

Not sure failed is the right word 

Spurs is the only club he's not won a trophy at, but not winning a trophy at Spurs isn't a failure 

Had he won next week he'd have been their most successful manager in the last 20 years

56 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Think he'll go into International management now, that's where most failed washed-up managers end up

And international footie is more cautious; 0-0 after 90 mins, extra time and pens would suit him to the ground.

27 minutes ago, Mannyroader said:

Might rock up at Bayern Munich. Doubt it personally, but it seemed inconcievable that he would manage Man U or Spurs.

He'll get another top job somewhere no doubt. He still, even though it's rapidly fading, holds an allure for some fans and club owners I reckon.

He's always mentioned that he would manage Portugal one day, he must have been gutted when they won it in 2016, as I'm sure his ego wanted to make sure he was the man who took them to a bit of silverware

13 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

And international footie is more cautious; 0-0 after 90 mins, extra time and pens would suit him to the ground.

I agree with this, international football lends itself to dour matches, it'd be right up his street

Great manager but it’s just hasn’t happened at spurs

He’s probably used this super league thing to take the heat off and make levy look bad 

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Great manager but it’s just hasn’t happened at spurs

He’s probably used this super league thing to take the heat off and make levy look bad 

He was a great manager a la Wenger, he's irrelevant now apart from being a media whore. 

1 hour ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

He was a great manager a la Wenger, he's irrelevant now apart from being a media whore. 

Exactly this. The game has moved on and he didn’t move with it. One of those managers that changed the game once upon a time, but he’s been bypassed and is no longer in the top tier of managers - although he is still a “great” considering his overall record.

The shout for International management is a good one, it should suit him perfectly. Depends on his ego really and whether he wants to prove people like me wrong and that he is still top class.