Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Car insurance

Rudy

57 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Anyone work in the insurance business who can help me with a non standard kind of policy quote 

Or recommend a broker or company?

I worked in insurance, pretty sure there is at least on broker on here, but if you want to send the details in terms of why it is on standard I can see if I know anyone. 

• Members
7 minutes ago, Ani said:

I worked in insurance, pretty sure there is at least on broker on here, but if you want to send the details in terms of why it is on standard I can see if I know anyone. 

I’ve got a 30yr old BMW, the insurers said they won’t now cover it because of the age, make and model it will be classed as a classic car, fair enough 

The car I get through work I got a years free insurance, as I’m only the owner and work is the keeper, plus because of work I can sometimes leave it at the airport or train station, an insurer said it needs to be at my home address 80% of the time which I don’t think it would be so I’m struggling with that.  
I also don’t get personal use on it anymore just for work, so I’m looking at buying a car to use for Everyday 

In an ideal world I’d want them al on one policy but this is asking a lot it seems, chap on the phone said to try a broker 

The 30 year old could be covered by a limited mileage classic car policy.

If work are down as the keeper of the car should they not be responsible for insuring it and of now how would your insurance company know that your car isn't at home for 80% of the time? Very few cars are at the home address for 19 hours of the day.

• Members
2 minutes ago, freds dad said:

The 30 year old could be covered by a limited mileage classic car policy.

If work are down as the keeper of the car should they not be responsible for insuring it and of now how would your insurance company know that your car isn't at home for 80% of the time? Very few cars are at the home address for 19 hours of the day.

I don’t know but they’re shady at the best of times insurance companies with technicalities I don’t trust the fuckers

• Members
23 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I’ve got a 30yr old BMW, the insurers said they won’t now cover it because of the age, make and model it will be classed as a classic car, fair enough 

The car I get through work I got a years free insurance, as I’m only the owner and work is the keeper, plus because of work I can sometimes leave it at the airport or train station, an insurer said it needs to be at my home address 80% of the time which I don’t think it would be so I’m struggling with that.  
I also don’t get personal use on it anymore just for work, so I’m looking at buying a car to use for Everyday 

In an ideal world I’d want them al on one policy but this is asking a lot it seems, chap on the phone said to try a broker 

No problems insuring my kia. Mum car for the win. 

• Members
11 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Rude. I'm saving Boltons pensioners in this bad boy. Might get some go faster stripes down the side. 

Wouldn’t go faster if you drove it off a cliff 

50 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Ok for the BMW a classic car insurance will probably be very cheap but there very strict rules on mileage. 
No idea on the second one it does sound like your work should be insuring it though a specific scheme. 

The classic car insurance business I was involved with also insured tanks, which is not relevant but shows and exhibitions a lot more fun. 

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I don’t know but they’re shady at the best of times insurance companies with technicalities I don’t trust the fuckers

You can't be expected to be calculating exacy whether it will be at home 80% of the time. Also, when away, it's likely to be in a secure car park isn't it?

Even if it gone done over whilst parked in one; the insurance company couldn't prove it hadn't been at home for the requisite amount of time.

Unless you genuinely know it won't be at home that much, then I don't think you've anything to worry about.

• Members
32 minutes ago, Ani said:

Ok for the BMW a classic car insurance will probably be very cheap but there very strict rules on mileage. 
No idea on the second one it does sound like your work should be insuring it though a specific scheme. 

The classic car insurance business I was involved with also insured tanks, which is not relevant but shows and exhibitions a lot more fun. 

First time I’ve gone through work for a car, I think going off the T&C’s I can choose to use it as a business car it’ll go through them, if I use it for SD&P & Business I have to get my own, does that sound right? 

Yeah think it’s limited to 2000 a year which I won’t do that much 

Just now, Rudy said:

First time I’ve gone through work for a car, I think going off the T&C’s I can choose to use it as a business car it’ll go through them, if I use it for SD&P & Business I have to get my own, does that sound right? 

Our policy is both at work mate. I’ve never had a company car that didn’t include sd&p

• Members
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Our policy is both at work mate. I’ve never had a company car that didn’t include sd&p

The lass who I spoke to at work (34dd) didn’t seem too convincing. I’ll just charm her 

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

The lass who I spoke to at work (34dd) didn’t seem too convincing. I’ll just charm her 

She probably hasn’t got a fucking clue tbh. Tell her to get home get the tea on and the ironing done and then you can find a bloke to talk to and get a proper answer 

27 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

She probably hasn’t got a fucking clue tbh. Tell her to get home get the tea on and the ironing done and then you can find a bloke to talk to and get a proper answer 

Is the right answer.....

👍

43 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Nope sounds bollocks, are you getting confused on the tax rules ? I think if you have access to a car for work purposes only it maybe treated differently than if you have one you can use at your leisure. 
Every company car I or Escobarp have had had SD&P included and any cunt can drive it. @miamiwhitehad my BMW for a week after it got locked behind some gates one Saturday. 

Edited by Ani