Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Exeter City - Home

Spider

5 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Perhaps we could label the gathering as a BLM, Me too, or Extinction Rebellion meeting, then the police are sure to leave fans alone? 🧐

Our fans aren’t that scruffy, unkempt or lacking in fashion sense, Shirley?

Edited by boltondiver

5 hours ago, Ani said:

The appointment of Freedman who was similar to Coyle, young ex pro not enough experience was crazy.

However Coyles time as manager undid so much that had been built and made worse by the fact at first he seemed brilliant.

Megson was and still is a cunt. 

I agree about megson , I hated him at the time , but think he's been the best manager since Sam 

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

So people say

thing is with Megson he came in after a great period for the club and certain players Nolan/Davies probably ruled the roost so change was always hard

no doubt the likes of Kelly & mcginlay probably didn’t help 

The debacle of the fun day thing when no players had been sorted to turn up.

Iirc, SKD made some quick calls.

Megson himself wasn't averse to challenging fans, a bit like Keef did. No doubt some ability in there, but odd characters.

On 28/04/2021 at 21:10, Big E said:

It’s the ones who haven’t watched hardly any games all season but suddenly jump on the promotion party are the problem :D

Gosh. Are we back into the 'proper fans' discussions.

Well, I'll own up ... I've NEVER watched a game in a replica Bolton shirt.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

19 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

What’s wrong with folk going to celebrate if they so wish, many folk have had a miserable 12-18 months, personally and a miserable 10 years as a football club, let folk enjoy life, embrace our success, even though it’s  div 4. 

Nothing wrong with raising a small glass of Sherry but don’t understand why some clowns feel the need to break all lockdown rules to stand on the car park with other flask carriers for a 10 minute singalong.

Stay away and stay classy 

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Nothing wrong with raising a small glass of Sherry but don’t understand why some clowns feel the need to break all lockdown rules to stand on the car park with other flask carriers for a 10 minute singalong.

Got to admit, and let this be the first and last time, I actually agree with Hughmungus on this one.

It’s been a miserable 12 months and 6 months of those were utter shite watching us

if people want to go, go. If you don’t then sound. 

I’ll be going. Appreciate some won’t / can’t. Since @Big E got his first ever girlfriend he’s not allowed a ST anymore and goes swimming in the sea instead. 

each to their own 

Well I’ll be taking my kids so they can at least experience a bit of celebration (hopefully), excitement and togetherness.

All which have been in massive short supply and who knows what’s round the corner. 

Regardless of what attention seeking cocks like hugemongus say, the turn around this season has been remarkable. It’ll be nice to show a bit of support and respect to those that have bought a bit of happiness to our sad pathetic lives over the past year In lockdown and decade as a Bolton Fan.

Irrespective of promotion on Saturday, seasons like this happen once in a lifetime.

I was on the pitch like a lot on here in 1993 as a 9 year a old.  My 10 and 6 year olds will be there cheering the lads on, on Saturday.

Not sure they’d want to sit in a beer garden and shout at a telly. And either would I.

Take your judgemental shite and shove it up your big gay arses. 

28 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

You celebrate how you wish, fuck lockdown rules, if you wanna go to the stadium then go. 

3 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

It’s been a miserable 12 months and 6 months of those were utter shite watching us

I’ll be going. Appreciate some won’t / can’t. Since @Big E got his first ever girlfriend he’s not allowed a ST anymore and goes swimming in the sea instead. 

each to their own 

This.👏👏👏

5 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Well I’ll be taking my kids so they can at least experience a bit of celebration (hopefully), excitement and togetherness.

All which have been in massive short supply and who knows what’s round the corner. 

Regardless of what attention seeking cocks like hugemongus say, the turn around this season has been remarkable. It’ll be nice to show a bit of support and respect to those that have bought a bit of happiness to our sad pathetic lives over the past year In lockdown and decade as a Bolton Fan.

Irrespective of promotion on Saturday, seasons like this happen once in a lifetime.

I was on the pitch like a lot on here in 1993 as a 9 year a old.  My 10 and 6 year olds will be there cheering the lads on, on Saturday.

Not sure they’d want to sit in a beer garden and shout at a telly. And either would I.

5 relegations and 4 promotions I’ve seen so far. I’m due one to level the score and ain’t missing it 

15 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

each to their own 

You forgot cushion shopping :) 

Life is too short to be angry at people going against the club’s advice and to be honest after the last 13 months I don’t blame anyone at all for looking for something positive to attend.

That said, I hope those that do turn up will be having a whip round for the inevitable policing cost that will be saddled against the club. 

On 28/04/2021 at 11:09, hughmungus said:

Oh come on ffs, Evatt and co are well paid to gain promotion so if they do it then they have simply done the job they are expected to do.

And as for going and standing on a car park to sing rah rah rah songs- grow the fuck up. 

So is Pep well paid to win the Prem; reckon Citeh fans shouldn't celebrate that?

And well paid or not, we are supporters of the club....why should we not get giddy about promotion - whether we "should be getting promoted" or not, it leaves the club we love in a much better position. You;re not just cheering on IE, it's the players, Aunti Shaz, the kit-man etc

And celebrate especially as we've had the last decade we have. Even more especially cos we had such a shit start and it was so improbable 10-12 weeks ago

You either just don't get it, or more likely, you're just trying to reinforce your anti-IE position because you're so entrenched in it. 

So you come on FFS you absolute mood hoover...

• Site Supporter
On 28/04/2021 at 11:09, hughmungus said:

Oh come on ffs, Evatt and co are well paid to gain promotion so if they do it then they have simply done the job they are expected to do.

And as for going and standing on a car park to sing rah rah rah songs- grow the fuck up. 

I don’t think football’s for you.

You’d probably be better off watching rugby Union or eastenders, something like that.

• Members
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

I’m gutted to be working away onSaturday, wanted to take my kids even though they wouldn’t have a scooby what’s going on, might send our Maude, sure you lot will look after her 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

I’m gutted to be working away onSaturday, wanted to take my kids even though they wouldn’t have a scooby what’s going on, might send our Maude, sure you lot will look after her 

I will.

Ask her to wear the all white lacey stuff this time, I fancy a change.