Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Exeter City - Home

Spider

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Can you imagine how shit it would be for the players having just won promotion to walk out of the stadium and be greeted by absolutely fucking nobody - get in the car and go home after the biggest achievement of your career playing for the biggest club of your career!

They want people there, to be honest I suspect the club secretly want people there, but obviously they can’t say it. As long as it’s a good mood and people don’t act the cock then I can’t see the problem. 

Said that to my old man this morning. If the club had been given any encouragement at all to put an event on, they’d have done it.

Theyve had to toe the line but they know full well plenty will turn up and I bet they are buzzing to see it

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Just checked again through the stats, i've actually seen 9 promotions and 10 relegations in my lifetime, which means jack all in the great scheme of things, but i'd like to make it 10 of each on Saturday - i'm OCD like that.

Assuming we go up I think I'm on 6 of each since 91/92

I've remembered a couple of incidents on the Wrexham away day, Bolton fans forced a gate open and ran in, one of my mates was promptly marched out but some got in, jumping up and down on the dugouts after the whistle and one of them started to collapse, on the way home not too far away from the ground on the country road there was a broken down car blocking the road so about 10 of us helped the police to move it to one side, passing cans of ale to mates in another car at 70 mph on the motorway. What a day that was

6 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Must be similar to me Bogs, pain and delight in almost equal measures!! As for taking my kids on Saturday, apart from them being too old for that, it should be more like them taking me. 😉 My lad somehow became a Spurs fan and the only good thing about it is that nearly every time we’ve watched them, we’ve won. My daughters not into footy but my 4 year old granddaughter already has Wanderers kit and will certainly carry on the tradition with me when she’s a little older. Hopefully we’ll be on the up for her from here? 🥳

hope you gave your son some shit about the ESL

7 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Just checked again through the stats, i've actually seen 9 promotions and 10 relegations in my lifetime, which means jack all in the great scheme of things, but i'd like to make it 10 of each on Saturday - i'm OCD like that.

I started in 72 . I worked out 9 promotions and 11 relegation am I wrong ?

24 minutes ago, embankment said:

I started in 72 . I worked out 9 promotions and 11 relegation am I wrong ?

You are indeed correct sir, just checked again and it's 11 relegations & 9 promotions for me also. My first taste of promotion (and yours) was in the Jimmy Armfield era.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

6 hours ago, Ani said:

Maybe you telling him how shit we were every week did not help 😘👍😎

To be clear I am only joking !!! 

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Be like being in Germany again for him :D

Ha, I think it was more to do with me living in Yorkshire and him not wanting to travel to Bolton with me Ani. The Spurs thing was just glory hunting but he’s been stuck with them ever since, despite his mates being Blades, Owls or Millers fans. No accounting for taste but at least it’s not Manure or City!!

• Moderators

Top of myhead and i think in order

Div 3 champs, div 2 champs, div 4 promo, div 3 promo, div 2 promo, div 2 promo, div 2 champs, div 3 promo, div 4 promo

Thats starting with 72/3 and in old money

Fuck remembering relegations, that's a shit game