Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Exeter City - Home

Spider

21 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Well, I’m full of a cold today, streaming nose, sore throat, raspy cough and a splitting headache but the bubbly’s already open ready for the celebration at 5pm. I’d even take a 1-0 today with no complaints!! 🥳🤩👍

This might be referenced later……..

Just had my second crap , nerves are jangling .Shouldn't be the case as I am veteran of these situations. The first game I remember was v Spurs in 1962.We won 1-0 & Jimmy Greaves got grollied at by the Great Lever ruffians as he took a corner.

Next season I started to attend going on my own or with mates from Horwich. That season we went down but I missed the final game as it was played on a Friday night something my old fella didn't tell me.

The long list of ups & downs is documented elsewhere but the feeling never changes it was a big deal in 1963 1978 2000 etc & it's a big deal now. COYWM!!

31 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Bless my Mrs, despite making be lug ballast around B&Q she's just bout us a bottle of champagne to put on ice just in case.

We’ve got 3 bottles of some fizzy crap that is mainly intended for spraying around the garden at 5pm. Borrowed a champagne bucket from work. Is it not jinxing it to stick the ice in already?