Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Exeter City - Home

Spider

• Site Supporter

We may already have enough points to go up.

Its still in our hands.

We were 19th not so long ago.

I refuse to give up on them.

Would have been nice to do it here, but I don’t care if it’s in Crawley.

They know what’s needed.

Just now, Ani said:

Totally fucked off and down about that second half. 

midfield which seemed a strength got over run. Wide players disappeared. 

However time to get behind manager and players. 

Agree Ani, no point abandoning them now when it’s still in our own hands. We’ve been aware of our weaknesses all season but despite them, these players have got us where we are, so we have to trust them to see it out next week. I’m sure they’ll want to make up for today, we were just awful but fair play to Exeter, I thought they were really good and you can see why they’ve scored so many goals. Thankfully, Crawley aren’t as good and won’t have the fight Exeter players had today. We’ll win next week.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, woolli said:

Correct, we would have needed to win next week with a draw!

I was happy to gamble to win or lose but thzt point wouldve put us in a slightly stronger place

With the point, a draw next week COULD'VE put us above cambridge

And if morecambe only draw, we couldve lost

• Site Supporter

But a draw wasn’t ever part of the plan. When you win a dozen or so games in 15 or 16 then you can fully expect to win the one game which was more important than the others just because of the others.

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

When he put Delfonso on instead of Tutte, Evatt fucked up, we lost our shape like we did against Grimsby, but it was shit or bust, a draw was the same thing as a defeat, a win in the last game needed. 

Just gonna be a long tetchy week.

Sarc should not have been subbed; Half a lion was awful and you can’t have him and Arthur on together. Midfield was shit and Doyle was useless

Delfouneso is really starting to annoy me but I can't pin all the blame on him.

Second half Dapo and Doyle were anonymous. Gnanouha had virtually no impact.

Exeter defended well and took control of the second half, not sure where Evatt goes from here. Sarcevic was positive but do we go back to Thomason, MJ and Lee?

Fuck it anyway, got a week to digest this and focus on the next game. Can only hope we get it right this time next week.

Just now, Tony said:

Outplayed and out fought in that second half.

To have only 2 shots on target in such an important game is really poor.

Lets hope that Crawley are not up for the game next week.

Surely our lads have to want it more next week.

Not been as disappointed over football for a long time. 

Focusing on the fact we are still in the driving seat and look better away from home than at home. 

In retrospect it was not an ideal fixture today. The ideal would have been a mid-table mob with nothing to play for. We've got that next week. Last 15 or 20 I hope they are on the beach like Forest were a few years ago on Wilbraham's big day.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Exactly, it was a win or nothing, a draw was worthless really when the aim is promotion

Not really pointless having an extra point ? As it stands we have to win next week , with that extra point a draw could have been enough.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not sure Sarc was fully on it, but we could all see that we were struggling to control it in midfield. 

They were having a field day down our left, and Thomason out there would have mitigated that. Or even Jackson in front of John; a horses for courses job.

John was the weak link and Dapo wasn’t far behind. 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Sarc should not have been subbed; Half a lion was awful and you can’t have him and Arthur on together. Midfield was shit and Doyle was useless

Not sure how much blame Doyle can be given,he barely had a sniff- a shot on the turn that was blocked, and a header he should have done better with. A great run and sensible play for the goal too, but second half he had so little support and service- Exeter take some credit for that too.