Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Exeter City - Home

Spider

Just now, MickyD said:

I feel about as down as I did driving away from Stoke following our relegation. Such was the level of expectation.

Yes, not going up today never entered my head tbh.

We've worked to hard to throw it away now.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not sure how much blame Doyle can be given,he barely had a sniff- a shot on the turn that was blocked, and a header he should have done better with. A great run and sensible play for the goal too, but second half he had so little support and service- Exeter take some credit for that too.

Just angry m8. Thought Doyle should have scored at least one

Our players just don't have it in them to fight & scrap, great when they are allowed to play but any team who gets amongst us will have success.

We have no characters & fighters in this team, they should have took confidence from scoring first and gone on and won today, but they shrink & hide, Exeter are not a good team but they deserved that today 2nd half because they showed up and wanted it more. I may be wrong but I can't think of another Bolton side since the early 80's that were so un competitive & soft.

They had everything to play for today but shit out.

We looked all over it from about the 5th to the 35th minute, genuinely like we’d pick them off at will and the goal was a belter.

Other than that though I just thought Exeter looked like a really good team and probably shaded the game. The defence never looked comfortable, I think it was them having 2 up top, we’ve not really had to deal with that before and Santos/Baptiste looked more hesitant than I’ve seen them for a long time.

I just knew we wouldn’t win today, when have bolton ever done anything easy? I’m sure we’ll win next week and go up, but doing it with a game to spare, no chance.

No need to over react, but there were some underperformers today, possible that the occasion got to them but I don’t think we’ve been at our best for a while.

Next Saturday is huge, we go again and we’ll be league 1 by the end of the day, that’s all that matters.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Black Sheep said:

Our players just don't have it in them to fight & scrap, great when they are allowed to play but any team who gets amongst us will have success.

We have no characters & fighters in this team, they should have took confidence from scoring first and gone on and won today, but they shrink & hide, Exeter are not a good team but they deserved that today 2nd half because they showed up and wanted it more. I may be wrong but I can't think of another Bolton side since the early 80's that were so un competitive & soft.

They've fought their way from 20th to top 3 in 9 fucking weeks mate.

2 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Totally disagree. If that was the case we'd be mid table. Exeter did really well second half after throwing the kitchen sink at us.

Disappointing result but it's still in our hands.

6 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

You can not have watched us much in last 7-8 years if you think this lot have no fight. 

7 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Nonsense, the second half was a tough game of football and we lost at the death

Well the champagne is only on Ice for a week hopefully .

Exeter deserved the win overall to be honest , while we huffed and puffed around the box , we  created virtually nothing of note . Our problem was scoring so early and then not really knowing what to do as the game wore on. Concerning was the lethargy in our play for the last hour and considering Exeter had a tough midweek game , they actually looked considerably sharper than us.

The good thing next week is that Crawley have nothing to play for and shouldn't really show the desire and Tempo that Exeter did , that being said it won't be a cakewalk. 

Next week , I would go back to Lee, MJ and Thomason and keep Sarce available if things start to go pear shaped and then hopefully any substitutions go like for like instead of the raft of attackers brought on today who did absolutely nothing.

Still in our hands and we do seem more suited to away games but we can't afford anymore slip ups , let's not chuck it away after the good work to get us here. COYWM.

24 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Agree Ani, no point abandoning them now when it’s still in our own hands. We’ve been aware of our weaknesses all season but despite them, these players have got us where we are, so we have to trust them to see it out next week. I’m sure they’ll want to make up for today, we were just awful but fair play to Exeter, I thought they were really good and you can see why they’ve scored so many goals. Thankfully, Crawley aren’t as good and won’t have the fight Exeter players had today. We’ll win next week.

3 times Crawley were behind today and 3 times they came back and equalised....they have some fight in there somewhere.

• Site Supporter

The defence as regularly fought like fuck to protect our one goal, perhaps some people should get their fucking replica scouse or man fucking yoo shirts on and take the easy option, I've never heard so much negative fucking bollocks. 

34 minutes ago, Spider said:

We may already have enough points to go up.

Its still in our hands.

We were 19th not so long ago.

I refuse to give up on them.

Would have been nice to do it here, but I don’t care if it’s in Crawley.

They know what’s needed.

Absolute shite! That will only happen if Morecambe lose at home to Bradford! a win is a must!