Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Exeter City - Home

Spider

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Can’t see them dishing out DO’s to folk waving flags about outside surely. 

I suppose it will depend upon how many turn up.

Club has to put out that statement, in accordance with current laws and guidance.

Can't be seen to be encouraging folk to break rules.

1 hour ago, hughmungus said:

Oh come on ffs, Evatt and co are well paid to gain promotion so if they do it then they have simply done the job they are expected to do.

And as for going and standing on a car park to sing rah rah rah songs- grow the fuck up. 

Real GC

• Site Supporter

I know the club couldn't actively encourage people to go down, but after the decade the club has had and the 12 months everyone has had, they aint stopping folk turning up with this statement.

It will put a few off but not too many

2 hours ago, Deanu said:

Exeter are a weird team, I thought they would be right up there they play some good football unlike most the teams in this league. They absolutely twatted Cambridge away 4-1 not so long ago & they gave old onion a good seeing to 5-0 so they can turn up just like that. Looked llike they had a pretty tough match last night though so you would think that should take something out of them for Saturday but noticed they left thier two best players in Jay & Bowman on the bench to bring on later in the match so they'll be sharp & dangerous come Saturday. They also have a 6'3 lump of a striker who will no doubt cause us havoc from the league's trademark long throws when we're on the ropes at the end if we're trying to defend something. Its right there for us though, at home, good playing surface, should all be relatively fully fresh, raring to go, we need to win this match... I can't bare the thought of needing a win away on a dodgy pitch against a team with fuck all to play for. Crawley will play out of thier skins to ruin our season & will have all the freedom in the world to do so.

They do have some good players but I still bet they’re more worried about ours than we should be about theirs. 🤩

2 hours ago, hughmungus said:

Oh come on ffs, Evatt and co are well paid to gain promotion so if they do it then they have simply done the job they are expected to do.

And as for going and standing on a car park to sing rah rah rah songs- grow the fuck up. 

What’s wrong with folk going to celebrate if they so wish, many folk have had a miserable 12-18 months, personally and a miserable 10 years as a football club, let folk enjoy life, embrace our success, even though it’s  div 4. 

11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

What’s wrong with folk going to celebrate if they so wish, many folk have had a miserable 12-18 months, personally and a miserable 10 years as a football club, let folk enjoy life, embrace our success, even though it’s  div 4. 

Well it kind of of starting going tits up post Allardyce when we got Coyle and Megson in but things really started to crash and burn with Neil Lennon.

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Like it or not, it's still against rules to have mass gatherings. 

Last thing Sharon et al need is a load of bad publicity, mps moaning like Nicola, or even police investigating. 

So long as the club does its bit, then no one can try to sling any mud towards them.

If fans do still turn out, then that's their decision. 

3 hours ago, Deanu said:

... they left thier two best players in Jay & Bowman on the bench to bring on later in the match so they'll be sharp & dangerous come Saturday.

You're saying they risked losing, & very nearly did, for 3 very winnable points so they could be stronger 4 days later for 3, on paper, less winnable ones ?

The 3 points are equally valuable whoever they get them from.

Leaving them on the bench suggests they're carrying an injury.

48 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Like it or not, it's still against rules to have mass gatherings. 

Last thing Sharon et al need is a load of bad publicity, mps moaning like Nicola, or even police investigating. 

So long as the club does its bit, then no one can try to sling any mud towards them.

If fans do still turn out, then that's their decision. 

Fully agree with you, the club had to put the statement out as did Morecambe for their fans last week, you would hope the police won't be too officious with people on Saturday and treat it as the fans will be doing as a celebration

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Well it kind of of starting going tits up post Allardyce when we got Coyle and Megson in but things really started to crash and burn with Neil Lennon.

Personally think the worst of the lot was that fucking half wit Freedman, can understand the appointment of the others even though it all went tits, but him fucking hell, he had the tools to take us straight back up.

28 minutes ago, Good Knee said:

Personally think the worst of the lot was that fucking half wit Freedman, can understand the appointment of the others even though it all went tits, but him fucking hell, he had the tools to take us straight back up.

The appointment of Freedman who was similar to Coyle, young ex pro not enough experience was crazy.

However Coyles time as manager undid so much that had been built and made worse by the fact at first he seemed brilliant.

Megson was and still is a cunt. 

34 minutes ago, Good Knee said:

Oops forgot about him, or maybe I was deliberately trying to erase him from my mind

On a scale of 1-10 where would Parkinson and Hill stand on the Cuntometer?

Edited by DavidLeesMullet

Freedman !

I'm sure he had a breakdown whilst with us. At one point he looked in interviews like he was sleeping rough with greasy hair, unshaven & a worn out nylon coat.

He did a bit of an Evatt, in starting shite & getting a bit of a run going. Then utterly fckg it up in that Blackpool match. Hopefully that Evatt similarity doesn't follow through.

God, I loathed him. We were impressed by a small run of performances at Palace & we 'swooped'. 

I need a lie down now.