Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kicking off on Willows Lane

embankment

Daughter walking back from offy , 3 cars pull up .

Guy comes out of his house with a baseball bat, car occupants disembark all with bats . It kicks off good style . She picks my grandson up and legs it home.

All combatants Asian over the age of 55.

Bobby's turn up too late..

Now doing door to door.

1 minute ago, embankment said:

Daughter walking back from offy , 3 cars pull up .

Guy comes out of his house with a baseball bat, car occupants disembark all with bats . It kicks off good style . She picks my grandson up and legs it home.

All combatants Asian over the age of 55.

Bobby's turn up too late..

Now doing door to door.

Lovely. I'm glad to have moved away from shit like this. If a car wing mirror gets knocked off here it gets front page coverage in the local paper.

Just now, stevieb said:

Didn't know where this was so googled "willows Lane Bolton" 

DAUBHILL

Nuff said. There be other posters that I've just helped out by doing the googling! 🤣 

Everyone knows where Willows Lane is.

She was cutting back through from Deane Church Lane . His little mate had been over for the afternoon. 

She reckons it happens every now and then but this is the first time in broad dayli

2 minutes ago, embankment said:

Everyone knows where Willows Lane is.

She was cutting back through from Deane Church Lane . His little mate had been over for the afternoon. 

She reckons it happens every now and then but this is the first time in broad dayli

I'd never heard of it. But I've probably drove through DAUBHILL once in my 36 years in Bolton. 

9 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I'd never heard of it. But I've probably drove through DAUBHILL once in my 36 years in Bolton. 

See you never knew the delights of The Aquarius club. Bald Afro's chippy or chatted up the young ladys from Mount St Joseph's when it was an all girls convent school.

Plenty of action  on the tennis courts away from the nuns prying eyes.

2 minutes ago, embankment said:

See you never knew the delights of The Aquarius club. Bald Afro's chippy or chatted up the young ladys from Mount St Joseph's when it was an all girls convent school.

You just give me a flashback moment, apart from shagging the school girls.

32 minutes ago, embankment said:

I'm 36 and grew up in Bromley Cross! 🤣 

No

• Moderators
1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Aye, if it's not on the Chorley old road or new road from horwich to bolton then it might as well be in Wigan as far as im concerned

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Zico said:

Aye, if it's not on the Chorley old road or new road from horwich to bolton then it might as well be in Wigan as far as im concerned

I think it's jobs that get you to know places, although growing up in Morris Green but school in Breightmet helped. Then playing football all over Bolton helped aswell. Spent 12 years as a copper in Warrington and know every nook and cranny there, then back in Bolton for last 20 years and pretty much know every area due to current job.

Willows Lane was a shithole 40 years ago by the way

21 minutes ago, Zico said:

The rich tapestry/history of Deane and DAUBHILL should be experienced by anyone who resides in Bolton. 

All be it that most of us have now pitched up in Historic Howfen

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Alf Hartigan said:

I think it's jobs that get you to know places, although growing up in Morris Green but school in Breightmet helped. Then playing football all over Bolton helped aswell. Spent 12 years as a copper in Warrington and know every nook and cranny there, then back in Bolton for last 20 years and pretty much know every area due to current job.

Willows Lane was a shithole 40 years ago by the way

Aye, I probably covered all areas doing my driving lessons but nothing stuck 

I know the names of most secondary schools from playing them at footy or similar, but would struggle to pick out on a map where they are - Deane, Withins, Smithills, Canon Slade, Mount St Joseph's etc 

Not a clue 

I know where Bolton school is though