Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kicking off on Willows Lane

embankment

4 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Deane Was no worse than any other area really in Bolton.
Problem Now is some Cunts seem To think they are above everyone else and look down on these areas. 

Aye people quaffing at other areas of Bolton is a bit fierce

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Some comedian said they'd shag an owl as whatever position they adopted they could be assured of eye contact.

I was out for a run late-ish one winter evening, I was running up that unlit wooded brew onto Leverhulme Park from The Lever Bridge Pub area...

There was the most blood-curdling 'scream' it was unearthly, I genuinely expected a naked bloodcovered maniac to burst out from the shrubbery and make to attack me.

Went from about 8mph to 30mph in a second, would've outran Usain up that hill.

It was a bloody owl.

I didn't fall down 'ole, in the dark, with an owl though.

Last year similar happened to me as I was cycling in the pitch dark along the old railway line past George Stephenson’s Cottage. A white owl flew in my path and screeched “two wit two who”. I said I think you’ll find it’s “two whom” and he flew off suitably chastised. 

1 hour ago, Whitestar said:

Mid 80s on a Monday night Deane was bouncin, people would travel from other manors just to be on the Deane scene , never really any bother either.

Junction rd pubs lads never really went in the willows though but willows lads always came down junction rd.

Weekend started Thursday, .Aquarius 

Friday / Saturday went in town.  

Sunday - Beaumont / Stags 

Monday - Vulcan and Stags.

And Beer was Cheap. 

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Deane Was no worse than any other area really in Bolton.
Problem Now is some Cunts seem To think they are above everyone else and look down on these areas. 

Touchy villager

Going back a fair bit, the streets closer to town than Melbourne Road were rougher, Alice St, Jauncey St, Hibernia St - all rough. From Melbourne Rd up to Deane Church Lane, bounded by Willows Lane & Wigan Rd (or the Middlebrook) was ok. It also got rougher when they knocked down Merton Mill and Saviours church and built on the cleared ground.

15 hours ago, Exiled Girl said:

That is very true, think it went downhill when I moved out and the Mount let boys in.

15 hours ago, jeep said:

It certainly did.

The males they shouldn't have allowed in were a good third of the male teachers - who found the girls irresistible to their nonce hands.

Just now, Youri McAnespie said:

The males they shouldn't have allowed in were a good third of the male teachers - who found the girls irresistible to their nonce hands.

There were only about 3 or 4 male teachers there when I was there, my 1st year coincided with their first year, plus a visiting ballet teacher for the 1st and 2nd formers. None of them had any reputation for being handy, you'd be embarrassed to even think of them as that.

@Exiled Girl

My sister was there when it was girls only, one of the last cohorts I think, she said similar.

I attended much later.

It was rife then.

I hasten to add the ones involved were clever about it and I'm sure the other teaching staff were largely unaware.

There were also a good number of decent teachers there, maybe my 'a third nonce' was a bit overstating it, but there were at least seven or eight at it.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

3 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Oddfellows was a very apt name, whenever I played pool there on occasion someone was always kicking off and trying to flog shit they'd just nicked 

The last time I was in there me and a mate had pubbed it on foot all the way back to almost home from a match.

We were both very inebriated.

That girl off Big Brother was in pissed up with mates and we had a brief chat.

The next time I saw her she was featured in a video in a gym entertaining two blokes who looked of possible ex-Yugoslavian extraction.

I was shown this unsolicited by a deviant, I didn't seek it out myself.

I suppose she'd took the notoriety of the Big Brother thing and wringed it out for every last drop...

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

The last time I was in there me and a mate had pubbed it on foot all the way back to almost home from a match.

We were both very inebriated.

That girl off Big Brother was in pissed up with mates and we had a brief chat.

The next time I saw her she was featured in a video in a gym entertaining two blokes who looked of possible ex-Yugoslavian extraction.

I was shown this unsolicited by a deviant, I didn't seek it out myself.

I suppose she'd took the notoriety of the Big Brother thing and wringed it out for every last drop...

Aye, i saw one titled "Big Bugger"

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, Exiled Girl said:

Going back a fair bit, the streets closer to town than Melbourne Road were rougher, Alice St, Jauncey St, Hibernia St - all rough. From Melbourne Rd up to Deane Church Lane, bounded by Willows Lane & Wigan Rd (or the Middlebrook) was ok. It also got rougher when they knocked down Merton Mill and Saviours church and built on the cleared ground.

Must be sandwiched good bits then because areas around Kirkebrok Rd and the streets off it are pretty bloody horrible.

Fire Service used to give fire awareness lessons to whole families in cases where a child develops a fascination with matches and lighters. Educating parents not to leave matches and lighters for kids to find was a big deal.

Went to a house and was invited in. Scruffy twats wouldn’t do it justice. A smell to make you gag when you first walk in.

The mum, a 25 stone beast of a woman, was sitting in a chair with a huge plate of chips and about 6 slices of Warbies.  Kids ranging from about 3 years old to 13 on floor.

I was expected to wait whilst she filled her gob with chip butties. (Bet she never referred to them as chip sandwiches!) I couldn’t think of anything to say so blurted out, “Mmm, chips spell good.”

She immediately replied, (bear in mind all the kids) “Well you can fuck off. You’re not having none of my tea!”