Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kicking off on Willows Lane

embankment

31 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

I can remember them demolishing Merton Mill, needed dynamite it was so well built.

The estate that went on there was the re-housing of the "Pocket"

Pocket was down the bottom of Callis rd where there is some tallish flats and beyond.

Blackshaw Lane, other side of Croal Mill to Callis Road. Nothing but a steep drop to the Middlebrook at the bottom of Callis. Yes, they then built the Fernbank estate when they'd moved everyone to the new Merton estate, and had to rebuild part (all?) of Merton estate in the 80s due to dodgy concrete or something.

21 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Must be sandwiched good bits then because areas around Kirkebrok Rd and the streets off it are pretty bloody horrible.

Fire Service used to give fire awareness lessons to whole families in cases where a child develops a fascination with matches and lighters. Educating parents not to leave matches and lighters for kids to find was a big deal.

Went to a house and was invited in. Scruffy twats wouldn’t do it justice. A smell to make you gag when you first walk in.

The mum, a 25 stone beast of a woman, was sitting in a chair with a huge plate of chips and about 6 slices of Warbies.  Kids ranging from about 3 years old to 13 on floor.

I was expected to wait whilst she filled her gob with chip butties. (Bet she never referred to them as chip sandwiches!) I couldn’t think of anything to say so blurted out, “Mmm, chips spell good.”

She immediately replied, (bear in mind all the kids) “Well you can fuck off. You’re not having none of my tea!”

Kirkebrok was the other side of Deane Church Lane, we're back to dodgy there - I was meaning Glen Ave, Greenbank & Greenhill(?)

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Here's another of her titles...

I'll bet more than a few short-sighted gay blokes were disappointed when they stuck this DVD on.

20210428-132408.jpg

I thought maybe that was what I'd remembered and got the name wrong 

But no 

9gEDrhC.jpg

Also 

3SNH5qf.jpg

3 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

The last time I was in there me and a mate had pubbed it on foot all the way back to almost home from a match.

We were both very inebriated.

That girl off Big Brother was in pissed up with mates and we had a brief chat.

The next time I saw her she was featured in a video in a gym entertaining two blokes who looked of possible ex-Yugoslavian extraction.

I was shown this unsolicited by a deviant, I didn't seek it out myself.

I suppose she'd took the notoriety of the Big Brother thing and wringed it out for every last drop...

i went school with her Nicole  

i have seen said film and one with one woman too 

17 hours ago, little whitt said:

i went school with her Nicole  

i have seen said film and one with one woman too 

She had a decent body, but I thought being bummed on camera would be way down the list of post-reality telly jobs...

I also think she wasn't quite bonny enough to carry off the shaved bonce neither.

Like I wrote I wonder if the potential puns on Big Brother dictated the plotline?

Didn't she say Bolton was a dump and full of mouthbreathers at the height of her 'fame'?

It's true, but everyone from here should know not to break rank and admit it's true to 'outsiders'. With 'outsiders' you're supposed to fight Bolton's corner like one of the town centre's numerous rats when erm...cornered.

Edited by Youri McAnespie