Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Flour Cakes or Barms in Bolton

embankment

5 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

If they do work its most likely just cooling it and you can use any leaf. Stinging nettles produce and acid and to treat them you need alkaline.

The kids of today would probably find this out quicker and get sorted by downloading an app whilst your furiously rubbing a leaf against your ageing flesh.

But as I say, if you want to - any leaf will most likely have the same effect. 

Nah, not having that. Plenty of things are acidic but don't produce the nettle reaction. The little blobs that appear on the skin are indicative of biomarkers that acid would not induce.

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

If they do work its most likely just cooling it and you can use any leaf. Stinging nettles produce and acid and to treat them you need alkaline.

The kids of today would probably find this out quicker and get sorted by downloading an app whilst your furiously rubbing a leaf against your ageing flesh.

But as I say, if you want to - any leaf will most likely have the same effect. 

You've got to rub the dock leaf to disintegration not just gingerly tap it.

If your stung area isn't green it's not been applied with enough vigour.

Giant hogweed leaves wouldn't have the same affect.

Apparently the plant doesn't burn you the sun does. Some component to do with photosynthesis or sommat.

If you get hogweed juice on the skin, cover it up from sunlight until it can be washed off properly.

10 hours ago, SatanGreavsie said:

Nah, not having that. Plenty of things are acidic but don't produce the nettle reaction. The little blobs that appear on the skin are indicative of biomarkers that acid would not induce.

Now, you might not have its but in the words of Brasseye, it is scientific fact.

It's a collection of things. Anyway, here's an article from everyone's favourite paper to explain it all. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3112201/Why-stinging-nettles-hurt-Chemist-shows-tiny-hairs-inject-venom-produce-pain-dock-leaves-WON-T-help.html

12 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Now, you might not have its but in the words of Brasseye, it is scientific fact.

It's a collection of things. Anyway, here's an article from everyone's favourite paper to explain it all. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3112201/Why-stinging-nettles-hurt-Chemist-shows-tiny-hairs-inject-venom-produce-pain-dock-leaves-WON-T-help.html

Which is what I said!

Watch this space is all I'm saying now

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Are they playing Bloodstock?

Satan is a certifiable loon, but like I wouldn't challenge you about selling ice creams I wouldn't take Satan on re science

Stick to what you know, laddie