Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Social Media Blackout

gonzo

2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Good won’t get notifications if there’s a goal  as the fire stick is 3 mins behind 

Was going to say. Will be like the good old days. Shame it’s the subject matter that has delivered it mind

12 hours ago, only1swanny said:

How does people not using social media stop bellends from posting bile?? 

They’re trying to force the social media companies to make account users enter their proper details so they can be made accountable for their actions. 

Which is fair enough imo.

Like a lot of these type of things anonymity and accountabilty can be double-edged...

For every complete cunt abusing a public figure there might be a dissenting voice against oppression.

Do we drag some lowlife who's trolling Raheem Sterling or Katie Price for example into the light if it means a voice of dissent ends up in a gulag, or dead..?

Just now, Carlos said:

My opinion, WW isn't social media. I back what's happening 100% but I think they could have timed it better.

A few people seem to be getting a bit confused, and seem to think it means that normal websites/internet won't be working.

Plus, there will be loads ignoring it anyway, because it's bollocks, and will be tweeting/facebooking/Instagramming as usual

• Members
1 minute ago, Carlos said:

I reckon Twitter and FB will cope to be honest. The clubs need their platforms more than these Trillion dollar corporations need Dagenham & Redbridge.

Aye, they’d be doing it permanently if they didn’t need it so much. 
Sky have dropped a bollock doing it on the weekend when they are trying to sell a box office fight 

• Moderators

Honestly, people with massive issues. People who reply to footballers on line telling them they are shit through to the full on abuse seen here. Massive mental health or personality issues, I don't know.

I don't think it's FB and Twitter's remit to stop them, any more than if it was through the post you'd be boycotting Royal Mail. Sure they can do more, but it's society's responsibility more.

People need to see that one dick move can ruin your entire future.