Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

David Cox

Rudy

6 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Agreed, just because they are paid to play, they are young men, often away from home for the first time and living in hotels.

It's time some folk reigned it in on S.M

But it wasn't SM, it was a direct comment from an opposition player that led to his walkout.

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

But it wasn't SM, it was a direct comment from an opposition player that led to his walkout.

Aye, I read that later on. I know people speak in the heat of the moment but I suspect Cox won't be the only person not playing for a long time

• Site Supporter

It went on way before SM. 

I remember Asa Hartford playing at Burnden and getting stick because he was born with a congenital heart defect.

There’s a hole in your heart, dear Asa, dear Asa.

I assume the home section decided singing something to put a player off his stride would give Bolton the edge.

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Remember a fella flicking his lighter on and off at Peter Crouch shouting burn the freak as he came over for a throw in front of ESL

But that's funny

Unless you're Crouch

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Rudy said:

Reebok was his most hated ground 

When a large portion of a 20,000 crowd shout "freeeeeeak" every time you get the ball it's hardly a shock. 

10 hours ago, gonzo said:

Remember a fella flicking his lighter on and off at Peter Crouch shouting burn the freak as he came over for a throw in front of ESL

When all this kneeling started I said, like I’ve said for years, that no one has had the same abuse as the likes of Crouch, Beckham, McClean etc. apparently this is abuse is different and to be expected 🤷🏻