Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crawley -Away

globaldiver

We either turn up and finish the job otherwise it’s league 2 next season, certainly wouldn’t fancy us in the play offs 

• Members
2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

We either turn up and finish the job otherwise it’s league 2 next season, certainly wouldn’t fancy us in the play offs 

Can’t be more of an incentive. We finish it off and reward ourselves for a good season and go on holiday or it potentially goes down the kermit

12 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

I've not changed my mind from last night... I'm clocking out next Saturday afternoon for the summer. If the buggers still want or have to play football its up to them

• Site Supporter

Will this effect kick off time , thought we all had to ko at the same time ? Sky games don't normally show at 3 oclock kick offs.?

13 minutes ago, Good Knee said:

Will this effect kick off time , thought we all had to ko at the same time ? Sky games don't normally show at 3 oclock kick offs

Those rules don't generally apply on the last day of the season.

They also don't apply at all when there are no fans allowed in. The 3pm blackout was meant to protect clubs from losing fans to TV.

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Potential injuries apart, I agree.

Some of them are looking knackered, maybe the murderball etc is taking effect, but I don't see him changing things.

Lee is injured and won’t play. That’s a blow as he’s been as influential as anyone. I’d personally play Jackson left mid, he’s good both going forward and at the back and should fit in well with John and mean Dapo can possibly go more central?

• The topic was pinned
5 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Lee is injured and won’t play. That’s a blow as he’s been as influential as anyone. I’d personally play Jackson left mid, he’s good both going forward and at the back and should fit in well with John and mean Dapo can possibly go more central?

Are you Kieran Lee or Ian Evett??

I would imagine only those two would have any idea at the moment if he wont play through injury

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Lee hasn't been all that just recently. If Thomason has to play, that won't upset me.

We tend to create more chances when Thomason plays, but a fit Lee will be a miss. 

IE's comments surprised me a bit when he said Sarc isn't fully fit- if that's the case, then I would have thought having him on the bench would have been the best option.

Got some thinking to do for sure before Saturday. 

It'll almost certainly be either Thomason, who's been poor in the last 2 games, or Delfonso as a more attacking option but risks MJ being overrun. Hopefully, Sarce will be closer to full fitness.

Not a great start to the build up, but at least we've got a week to get used to it.

Seems to have dropped out of thinking but Tutte is a decent holding midfielder. 

Hopefully a fuller weeks training sees Sarce fit, would not be that surprised to find out Evatt is not being 100% truthful. 

• Members
15 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

We tend to create more chances when Thomason plays, but a fit Lee will be a miss. 

IE's comments surprised me a bit when he said Sarc isn't fully fit- if that's the case, then I would have thought having him on the bench would have been the best option.

Got some thinking to do for sure before Saturday. 

I’ve said it before his injury is a hard one to get going again. Have to play it really safe. If we were promoted he wouldn’t have played the rest of the season.

He’ll be on a lighter duty this week in training I guarantee  it

53 minutes ago, Ani said:

Seems to have dropped out of thinking but Tutte is a decent holding midfielder. 

Hopefully a fuller weeks training sees Sarce fit, would not be that surprised to find out Evatt is not being 100% truthful. 

Sarce didn’t look happy when he came off, maybe he new his injury had flared up .

• Members
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

I’ve said it before his injury is a hard one to get going again. Have to play it really safe.

How long is the recovery period normally Rudy?  Would you play him next week ?