Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crawley -Away

globaldiver

• Site Supporter

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/19274369.bolton-wanderers-boss-ian-evatt-makes-injury-admission-midfielder-kieran-lee/

With Lee looking like he’s out, I think it will be a straight replacement with Thomason. No time I don’t think to start experimenting with formation changes and chucking Miller in as an extra forward. 

• Members

Never thought I'd have a knot in my stomach in anticipation of a match against no marks like Crawley. Getting worse every day.

I'll be watching on Sky. I have a carton of Flensburger in to keep me company. I will probably shake one up and spray it over the sleeping missus when we have automatic promotion. Silent breakfasts for a month. Bonus!

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

@gonzo can you lay your hands on anything to help me sleep? Waking up every hour anxious from this game isn’t good. 

Might take something at 3pm Sat and zone out 

Diazepam and Xanax. 

Take your pick :D 

Gonna be on a train back from Cornwall with in and out data and an autistic 18 year old who’s going to be shouting every station name back at me between Penzance and Sheffield but it’ll be fine 😐come on you fuckin white men make us proud . 

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, emus wig said:

Gonna be on a train back from Cornwall with in and out data and an autistic 18 year old who’s going to be shouting every station name back at me between Penzance and Sheffield but it’ll be fine 😐come on you fuckin white men make us proud . 

Does he (or she) know them all or read them from the signs as you pass through? 

Have you ever tried reading a station sign at 100mph? Try twisting your head so the sign is readable... impossible!

17 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Have you ever tried reading a station sign at 100mph? Try twisting your head so the sign is readable... impossible!

He knows them all front and back one of many obsessions but who am I to talk I could probably name a team front to back from the 77/78 league 2 winning season 😐

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I bet graham could piss it

Lashing it down, pitch black

• Members
22 minutes ago, emus wig said:

He knows them all front and back one of many obsessions but who am I to talk I could probably name a team front to back from the 77/78 league 2 winning season 😐

My English school teacher could name both line ups of the 66 World Cup final, I challenged him one day and the fucker just reamed it off 

He had unreal knowledge about cup finals in loads of different sports , the smallest of details. He would definitely be my phone a friend 

5 minutes ago, Rudy said:

My English school teacher could name both line ups of the 66 World Cup final, I challenged him one day and the fucker just reamed it off 

He had unreal knowledge about cup finals in loads of different sports , the smallest of details. He would definitely be my phone a friend 

Loved the mid to late 70s teams great time to be watching the wanderers . 

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

was his name malcolm?

I won't lie, I'm bricking it for this one. All the hard work the team's done to get us back in with a shout of autos, if we fall short now it'll be truly gutting.

On Sky, pressure on, must win game. I know we've won games in front of the cameras recently but that makes me even more worried. I've been pretty confident of us going up recently until that Exeter last minute goal, now I don't know what to think. A one-off game, anything could happen.

Really need to get our shit together on Saturday and pull this out of the bag.

• Members
1 minute ago, London Wanderer said:

Feeling the nerves today... Can't believe it has come to this. 

Have to be honest and say I've got a bad feeling about this. But I'm usually wrong.

If we do I think we'll crawl over the line. 1 - 0 (Doyle). 

@miamiwhite has been saying this for ages