Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crawley -Away

globaldiver

It's been fairly quiet on this thread since Saturday, maybe everyone is still smarting from the Exeter defeat. Lets hope the players are up for it and determined to get the job done. Lots of people want us to fail, please don't bottle it.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

2 hours ago, Ratwhite said:

Sky have picked this game for a reason.

It's not to see us comfortably win.

Someone said earlier in the thread, theres loads of teams fans want to see us fail. 

Sky have picked this game as they know there’s more Bolton fans than any other in this league and it’s got a lot riding on it so higher viewing figures than a typical League 2 gene. Other than Crawley fans every other fan will watch their own team on iFollow. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Ratwhite said:

Sky have picked this game for a reason.

It's not to see us comfortably win.

Someone said earlier in the thread, theres loads of teams fans want to see us fail. 

Sky can bite my bollocks, they had a countdown for us and Bury going bust. The sooner that Emperor Bezos and amazon buy the rights the better.

All empires fall

Not sure what the fuss is about Saturday. I bought a multi pack of soft mints yesterday we always* win away from home when we have soft mints. 

* Given this lucky tradition has been in place for about last 15 years it is not 100% reliable. 

• Members
36 minutes ago, Ani said:

Not sure what the fuss is about Saturday. I bought a multi pack of soft mints yesterday we always* win away from home when we have soft mints. 

* Given this lucky tradition has been in place for about last 15 years it is not 100% reliable. 

You may say this in jest but I’m incredibly superstitious when it comes to football. I have to make sure I’ve quoted Eddie with the same message, ring my Owd fella in the morning, give Burnden a +1 when he posts the team news kiss my Per Frandsen poster and away we go. 

Last week my kids both wore their away kits for the first time and we lost so I’m putting it down to that so that won’t be happening tomorrow 

Edited by Rudy

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Last week my kids both wore their away kits for the first time and we lost so I’m putting it down to that so that won’t be happening tomorrow 

I can't believe you were so irresponsible at such a pivotal time of the season

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

You may say this in jest but I’m incredibly superstitious when it comes to football. I have to make sure I’ve quoted Eddie with the same message, ring my Owd fella in the morning, give Burnden a +1 when he posts the team news kiss my Per Frandsen poster and away we go. 

I think my point is that as a Bolton fan any lucky superstitions have been very ineffective for a long time now. But I did genuinely buy a multi pack and text Ilkley white and Chief Wiggum who have shared in the glory of this tradition. Think last got them was Port Vale away so looking good. 

• Members
7 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

I can't believe you were so irresponsible at such a pivotal time of the season

It was our Maude. She’s up for sale. All offers considered 

12 minutes ago, Ani said:

I think my point is that as a Bolton fan any lucky superstitions have been very ineffective for a long time now. But I did genuinely buy a multi pack and text Ilkley white and Chief Wiggum who have shared in the glory of this tradition. Think last got them was Port Vale away so looking good. 

So which soft mints should we be buying? 

The weekend of the Middlesbrough game (when Ricketts went there) i won a big wooden snake , handmade by some chainsaw sculpters at a garden festival.

Think the Boro game was the Sunday and we won.

Monday iirc was a bank holiday, i decided i would varnish the snake as it was going to (& still does) live in the garden.

All i could think of whilst varnishing was us stopping up and would it be a struggle like that every season?.

Next season we were sound but for years on the last day of the season i would varnish that snake and for some reason would always think its ok West Brom will go down, (normally did).

As the seasons went on i got cocky and tended not to bother with the relegation proof varnishing, so yeah probably my fault.

5 hours ago, Whitestar said:

I used to see an eccentric looking old lady around Lytham st Annes and when I'd see her near a match day we usually won.

She was getting on a bit and not seen her in a long time unfortunately.

Poor old dear must have croaked it, go and visit her grave instead. Dig her up if necessary 😄

2 hours ago, Whitestar said:

The weekend of the Middlesbrough game (when Ricketts went there) i won a big wooden snake , handmade by some chainsaw sculpters at a garden festival.

Think the Boro game was the Sunday and we won.

Monday iirc was a bank holiday, i decided i would varnish the snake as it was going to (& still does) live in the garden.

All i could think of whilst varnishing was us stopping up and would it be a struggle like that every season?.

Next season we were sound but for years on the last day of the season i would varnish that snake and for some reason would always think its ok West Brom will go down, (normally did).

As the seasons went on i got cocky and tended not to bother with the relegation proof varnishing, so yeah probably my fault.

Get that snake varnished, we need all the help we can muster!