Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crawley -Away

globaldiver

55 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Tom Nichols (their top scorer)supposably out for tomorrows  game

Suspended after being sent off v Newport.

Checked and they haven't won a league game without Nichols all season.

11 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

It's been fairly quiet on this thread since Saturday, maybe everyone is still smarting from the Exeter defeat. Lets hope the players are up for it and determined to get the job done. Lots of people want us to fail, please don't bottle it.

Couldn't handle it until tonight... one more sleep. Started checking Crawley weather, heavy rain until 11am then dry, brisk 20mph SW wind gusting 37mph... just shittin' myself about everything.

Will wear usual underpants, hide in the office until 1pm, watch match with arms folded glaring at a laptop.... 

Don’t care how many times it’s been posted on however many threads but it was 33 years ago today. 33 FUCKING YEARS!!!! It’s an omen I’m telling you that we do it to within a day. Only one season in Div 4 once more. I know exactly where I am on that video and I really hope that I feel the same tomorrow. COYFWM!!!

18 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Don’t care how many times it’s been posted on however many threads but it was 33 years ago today. 33 FUCKING YEARS!!!! It’s an omen I’m telling you that we do it to within a day. Only one season in Div 4 once more. I know exactly where I am on that video and I really hope that I feel the same tomorrow. COYFWM!!!

Robbie Robbie Show us yer Arse

Good Post for tomorrow pal

COYFWM

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

I know approximately where I am on that, at least where I was until we scored. :)

Wonderful. 

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I know where abouts i was just before we scored, ...GOOOAAAL ️, limbs everywhere, landed about 5 rows in front, absolutely mental. 

No fans tomorrow, but if we win its gonna be limbs all over the house and garden. COYWM 

didn't know dwarf throwing existed before the wolf of wall st.

• Site Supporter

Was going to fuck off down to The Rigbys to watch Bradshaw take on West Denton. Daughter’s boyfriend reckons there’ll be no play due to rain. I can’t even bury my head in the sand.

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Calmness is needed

we have this 

Aye

Full English, supermarket run for elderly mother and a trip to Bolton to deliver. Stay calm

Back to Manc. Tellybox on, shut the door and tell everyone to leave me alone. Stay calm

For one reason or another, release the four horsemen of the apocalypse sometime just before 5pm

05:05 ...out me bin on red wine and Knights cider mixed , havent slept for 36 hours ...Im too old for this shit ...proper shitting bricks now , just want to go to sleep and wake up when its all over , no fight left in me just bundles of nerves and mental health going sideways at best . You wont wanna know this but the last time I felt like this was the tranmere play off final . God help us all , I pray .

Wide awake, was toying with going - the kids wanted to as that's where they were born (or rather nearby, I don't think anyone is actually born in Crawley anymore) and wanted to see the place again but after last week decided to try and be low key, doing nothing until the final whistle.

It's pissing down and cold so there goes the BBQ as well.

Twiddling thumbs for the next nine hours.

27 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Wide awake, was toying with going - the kids wanted to as that's where they were born (or rather nearby, I don't think anyone is actually born in Crawley anymore) and wanted to see the place again but after last week decided to try and be low key, doing nothing until the final whistle.

It's pissing down and cold so there goes the BBQ as well.

Twiddling thumbs for the next nine hours.

Come get shit faced with me , not sure I can take this .....already booked my place in the local loony bin . 
If its us in the the play off finals with tranmere , Ill go all aragorn about it .

Last day nerves.....ish .....
Aldershot ...fuckin robbed , wanted to set the world on fire , really thought we would win
Wrexham ..wasnt allowed to go on me own , dad wouldnt take me  "itll never happen" Convinced we would win ...he never lived it down ...bought me the road runner vhs as a make amends.
Preston...Pretty calm about it until we missed 3 sitters , then bricked it for the next 25 mins.
Middlesboro .....Calm til Ricketts came on and scored , party time after he got sent off .
Stoke ....knew we'd already blown it  by the wba game ...its the hope that killed me.
Peterboro ...Not a care in the world...knew we'fd do it but by then I didnt care too much.
Forest ...couldnt handle it at all , decided to work , only found out at 21:00 same day.
Crawley .....not felt like this in fuckin years , havent/ cant sleep, drunk for days , cant go anywhere , wanna cry , curl up and wake me with a huge wet kiss when its all over !

Fucking hell !