Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crawley -Away

globaldiver

• Members
2 hours ago, Good Knee said:

My first grandchild just been born , little lad 5th generation Wanderer , what a wonderful weekend. 

That’s mega GK all the best to you all.

@stevieb I was gonna say shame I didn’t meet you but I was that wankered I’m not sure if I did or not 

9 minutes ago, Rudy said:

That’s mega GK all the best to you all.

@stevieb I was gonna say shame I didn’t meet you but I was that wankered I’m not sure if I did or not 

Me neither... Don't think we had the pleasure. 

I was close to the hotel door so I lost my mate I was with when the coach turned up and the barriers that were out got breached. 

I fucked off when the coach disappeared but he hung around until the squad got off the coach. 

• Members
5 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Me neither... Don't think we had the pleasure. 

I was close to the hotel door so I lost my mate I was with when the coach turned up and the barriers that were out got breached. 

I fucked off when the coach disappeared but he hung around until the squad got off the coach. 

I’ve just checked my Apple Watch. Seems I started walking home at 2:30 got home at 3:30 woke back up at 4:02 (boxing) 

4 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I’ve just checked my Apple Watch. Seems I started walking home at 2:30 got home at 3:30 woke back up at 4:02 (boxing) 

Animal 

I was up still at 2am fuelled by adrenaline and a kebab I'd ordered before I decided to go to the ground with a few beers in hand.. 

My Mrs luckily kept the kebab for when I got home. 

Kids were up at 6am! 🤣 

I don't even know why I left early. It was clear they'd come back. But I was so happy with what I'd had I was OK to fuck it off! 

• Members
1 minute ago, stevieb said:

Animal 

I was up still at 2am fuelled by adrenaline and a kebab I'd ordered before I decided to go to the ground with a few beers in hand.. 

My Mrs luckily kept the kebab for when I got home. 

Kids were up at 6am! 🤣 

I don't even know why I left early. It was clear they'd come back. But I was so happy with what I'd had I was OK to fuck it off! 

Haha she’s a keeper mate 

mine were up at 7am. So I reckon I’ve had 2 hours sleep in 24 hours but all worth it 

2 hours ago, marple whites said:

Just finished off a bottle of campo Rioja and a few ciders.

We are Bolton wanderers, we’re on or way back.......

On my 8th.

Always stopped at 4 when I was working the next day.......

UTW.

Edited by captainmed

Just been watching back on Youtube some of the interviews and highlights of games from early in the season. What a difference a few months make.

I can't remember overall performances from a lot of those games but the highlights don't make us look awful, just plenty of shite individual errors costing us. Crellin getting lobbed vs FGR was a howler plus I think he conceded a good few free kicks. Lots of missed chances too, that didn't change as much as we'd have liked it but the clean sheets made all the difference. Forgot Delaney nabbed us a win against Cheltenham (A) late on from a corner - fans in the ground for that one too!

Was easy to listen to Evatt's interviews pre January and think badly of him but watching in hindsight he comes across quite well still even when we were losing. Looks like he's put weight on since start of the season and progressed from suit to tracksuit and now back to suit.

Edited by Mantra

47 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Just been watching back on Youtube some of the interviews and highlights of games from early in the season. What a difference a few months make.

I can't remember overall performances from a lot of those games but the highlights don't make us look awful, just plenty of shite individual errors costing us. Crellin getting lobbed vs FGR was a howler plus I think he conceded a good few free kicks. Lots of missed chances too, that didn't change as much as we'd have liked it to but the clean sheets made all the difference. Forgot Delaney nabbed us a win against Cheltenham (A) late on from a corner - fans in the ground for that one too!

Easy to look at Evatt's earlier interviews and think badly of him but watching in hindsight he comes across quite well still even when we were losing. Looks like he's put weight on since start of the season and progressed from suit to tracksuit and now back to suit.

Not surprised with all the stress he's been through, looks like myself a fellow comfort eater maybe?

Or living it up in Bolton and the surrounding area.

Edited by DavidLeesMullet

9 minutes ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Not surprised with all the stress he's been through, looks like myself a fellow comfort eater maybe?

Perhaps

He looks practically gaunt here, maybe it's just the beard though.

The 3-3 with Barrow was the first sign of life and desire the team showed but it wasn't enough to kickstart the season.

That 4-0 loss to Leyton Orient and C Wilkinson scoring against us was one of my low moments of the season, I think I didn't watch the next game after that.

Looked like getting back on track after beating Salford in front of Neville and the Sky cameras, then lost 6-3 to Port Vale :lol:.

Then after the January signings and drawing 1-1 with Morecambe (should've won but for the Madders red card) and then the Mansfield comeback we suddenly burst into life. Got a bit of luck along the way but think we were due some.

Cue meltdowns after Grimsby and Exeter losses but that final game vs Crawley was the perfect response.

What a season.

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Regarding Evatt and those who thought we should have kept faith with Hill, if Hill had to deal with what Evatt has this season he’d of imploded under the pressure and the team would of followed suit,  thank fuck we got shut. 

Correct, mate. We were well rid of Hill.

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Regarding Evatt and those who thought we should have kept faith with Hill, if Hill had to deal with what Evatt has this season he’d of imploded under the pressure and the team would of followed suit,  thank fuck we got shut. 

Amen to that!

• Members
23 hours ago, hughmungus said:

that your best ?, still can't understand why we are congratulating players for doing the job they are paid to do-and they nearly fucked that up. Thankfully Crawley had nothing to play for and didn't care otherwise it would have been tears before bedtime.

anyway league one is a far far bigger problem and just avoiding relegation with this manager will be a tough one.

Purposely avoided coming on here as I wanted to read the whole, presumably optimistic/delirious/celebratory outpourings once I had calmed down myself. Then I come across this fucktard.

Mods - please pot the cunt.

13 hours ago, Good Knee said:

My first grandchild just been born , little lad 5th generation Wanderer , what a wonderful weekend. 

Congratulations to you and your family mate.

Michael James Brittan has a ring to it.

18 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Right then, I watched it live on Sky. Frightened the life out of the missus and half the fucking estate when Sarce scored. Swigging Flensburgers like a madman then the second went in and it was over to celebratory Moscow Mules. Pissed as a rat by midnight singing out on my balcony with the BWFC flag on display (some on here have proof! 😄).

Quietly sitting around recovering on Sunday, the dawn of realisation started to set in. Absolutely remarkable what the club has achieved. Not just the players, owners, management but most of all our magnificent loyal supporters.

That Morecambe day was pivotal. As others have said, a few of the squad suddenly would have realised what this club means on that day.

European Super League? Fuck off. BWFC are a prime example of what football is about and don't you ever forget it.

Proud.

Quality that Bolty, brings a tear to the eye what it means to folk far & wide. 👍

Edited by Mounts Kipper