Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Religion

wanderer1984

Anyone here go to church on a Sunday or a mosque every day? Maybe you're a Rastafarian. I tend to go when the kid has a school play... easter/Christmas etc. I shouldn't forget Harvest festival... thats usually a top performance.

Anyways I wasn't aware that preaching in the street was a criminal offence. If it is surely Jehovah's knocking on your door should be an offence too. Its kind of the same thing.

Also if its an offence you'd have thought this old boy would have known better.

Anyway each to their own in what you choose to believe in. I personally don't believe in something that has so many different variations. I mean not everyone can be correct can they?

I'm a Church Warden and help look after my local pile of stone called a Church. I talk with the vicar all the time and we both agree there is something spiritual left behind by all the people who have worshipped there for over 500 years. I am shit at singing non-football hymns so avoid services, although we are all forbidden to sing a the moment.

I don't accept mainstream religion as it is akin the modern politics but in my opinion, there is something about all creatures leaving an energy footprint in time.

31 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Anyone here go to church on a Sunday or a mosque every day? Maybe you're a Rastafarian. I tend to go when the kid has a school play... easter/Christmas etc. I shouldn't forget Harvest festival... thats usually a top performance.

Anyways I wasn't aware that preaching in the street was a criminal offence. If it is surely Jehovah's knocking on your door should be an offence too. Its kind of the same thing.

Also if its an offence you'd have thought this old boy would have known better.

Anyway each to their own in what you choose to believe in. I personally don't believe in something that has so many different variations. I mean not everyone can be correct can they?

Leave the god-gobber alone is what I say

• Site Supporter

Interpretation of religion is the bad thing, from believers and non believers alike 

extreme religious people who think the earth is a few thousand years and two people started the human race  etc and people who think anyone  religious believes and thinks like that and are bible bashers etc are both as extreme as each other 

Religious institutions are the main issue , not religion per sé

17 minutes ago, Dimron said:

I'm a Church Warden and help look after my local pile of stone called a Church. I talk with the vicar all the time and we both agree there is something spiritual left behind by all the people who have worshipped there for over 500 years. I am shit at singing non-football hymns so avoid services, although we are all forbidden to sing a the moment.

I don't accept mainstream religion as it is akin the modern politics but in my opinion, there is something about all creatures leaving an energy footprint in time.

Fair do's. Whole world in his hands is a cracker btw.

Edited by wanderer1984

• Site Supporter

As a means of suggesting people just be good to each other, and to set a basic way of encouraging decent morality, it would be fine.

The message most churches I’ve ever been to tends to be “look after each other, don’t shit on folk”

Thats ok, you know. I like that.

Unfortunately, the rest of it is absolute and total bollocks mixed with a sinister undertone of slavery to a message.

• Site Supporter
40 minutes ago, Dimron said:

23 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Run, run, wherever you may be. We are the B double-U F C

We’ll twat you all, whoever you may be and we’ll put you in the infirmary 

31 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Bit too much "We are the One and only Wanderers" for me

He's got the whole world in His hands
He's got the whole wide world in His hands
He's got the little bitty baby in His hands
He's got you and me brother in His hands
He's got you and me sister in His hands
He's got you and me brother in His hands
He's

• Site Supporter

I was brought up C of E, went to a C of E school, confirmed, church server etc.

Not been to church for anything other than weddings or funerals for years. It’s staying that way.

People can believe in what they want but leave me out of it. No interest

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, little whitt said:

i went to Church for years too get points to get the Kids in St James's School 

hung over at the back 1/2 asleep 

When I was taking my kids to Primary School I’d often overhear mums chatting, “Only another couple of years of early morning Sundays until <child’s name> is in Canon Slade.”

54 minutes ago, MickyD said:

When I was taking my kids to Primary School I’d often overhear mums chatting, “Only another couple of years of early morning Sundays until <child’s name> is in Canon Slade.”

Yeh my Mrs did all that to get our daughter in Canon Slade - not being the religious types it does smack of hypocracy, but you just want the best for your kids. It's not like the school is that brilliant, but it's probably the best of a bad bunch in Bolton and we just wanted to give her the best chance to do well in her GCSE's & A levels. She's done very well there to be fair.

• Members
11 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Yeh my Mrs did all that to get our daughter in Canon Slade - not being the religious types it does smack of hypocracy, but you just want the best for your kids. It's not like the school is that brilliant, but it's probably the best of a bad bunch in Bolton and we just wanted to give her the best chance to do well in her GCSE's & A levels. She's done very well there to be fair.

I'm in the team of it doesn't matter what school they go to, if they want to learn they will learn. 

10 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

I was brought up C of E, went to a C of E school, confirmed, church server etc.

Not been to church for anything other than weddings or funerals for years. It’s staying that way.

People can believe in what they want but leave me out of it. No interest

I grew  up C of E but didn't get confirmed, I thought that was for the Catholic's, I remember some of my mates growing up going to confirmation classes but they were Catholic

5 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

There is only one secondary school that my daughter could go to where I live. The best one which is about 45mins drive on the school bus is Welsh speaking.

She was only taught basic Welsh in primary so wouldn't get in anyway. 

The last few years this area his seen a few Welsh taught/speaking schools built and the numbers going to these schools outweighs the English taught massively.

They get more funding which I find odd.

• Members

Right religion. 

First off, I have no problem with the community side of it, the hope it can bring and the togetherness for families no issue whatsoever.

That being said a few things that bother me. The bible, I think the bible is a book tales to set morals and not to be taken literally. 

Disregarding science, age of the earth, dinosaurs, evolution. Ridiculous.

The Catholic Church run like a fuckin Mafia. 

Religious martyrs killing people to get to “paradise” 

Hypocrisy. 

It’s all nonsense. The world would be a better place without it.

I’ve found myself disliking religion because of all these Archbishops and stuff poking their noses into politics and flexing their ‘Jesus Muscles’.    The current Pope was going on about the Falklands being given to the Argentinians, guess where he’s from?