Spider

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, little whitt said:

went past at 1 road shut off 

just looked on BN  

whos stabbing foke at that time in morning 

I’d stab a burglar.

God knows what’s gone on but fucking hell its grim

My lad is only a year below the victim at school.

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Hopefully not trying to find a chippy 😎

Ha. Obviously, I'd never even consider thinking, let alone saying, anything as disgusting as what you're referencing ... but the mind does boggle as to what is happening in society when you've got 15yr olds on the streets at that hour.

Everything about it is awful.

5 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Ha. Obviously, I'd never even consider thinking, let alone saying, anything as disgusting as what you're referencing ... but the mind does boggle as to what is happening in society when you've got 15yr olds on the streets at that hour.

Everything about it is awful.

I would never think you would say something of that nature. Takes a special sort of person to stoop that low 

you do have to question the parenting I guess if I’m fact they knew he was out. But even so it’s tragic and nobody should meet that sort of ending out on the streets at any time. Society is a worrying place and only getting worse 

i suspect a varying set of events will transpire as usual.  

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I would never think you would say something of that nature. Takes a special sort of person to stoop that low 

you do have to question the parenting I guess if I’m fact they knew he was out. But even so it’s tragic and nobody should meet that sort of ending out on the streets at any time. Society is a worrying place and only getting worse 

i suspect a varying set of events will transpire as usual.  

"Stabbed several times" is a very worrying detail.

If the lad has been out on the rob, most homeowners would probably have a go and he'd run off with a nasty injury but still alive.

Based purely on the fact it says several times, you have to entertain the idea that it was pre-meditated, targeted attack.

The worst possible outcome is a random attack by someone who may do it again. 

Whatever the cause, it's fucking awful, and a sign that things are getting worse not better out there.

• Members
11 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

In the 70s Walker ave used to seem a decent nice looking rd, think there was a big playing field one side.

Has it gone downhill?

It’s got some decent sized houses on there, the Islamabad decor and plastic columns are creeping their way up there which brings down the area IMO
Its squashed between rishton lane and Bradford road, I’m surprised it’s still half decent 

The lad stabbed was going out with a lad from match daughter. The lad who did it is 15 and looks about 12. Apparently they were part of same group of mates. 

The fact he staggered from house to house has got to me most :(

Awful 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Whitestar said:

In the 70s Walker ave used to seem a decent nice looking rd, think there was a big playing field one side.

Has it gone downhill?

The whole town as gone downhill I'm afraid. 

It's predominantly south asian around there these days and as such probably quieter than when I was a kid.

This community may have some questionable ideas on porchwork and a penchant for blockwork over greenery but it's daft (more?) to suggest their presence 'drags' a place 'downhill'...

I grew up around there and myself and my peers were little bastards.

It's a lot quieter now.

I'm not far from there and any 4am door hammering (at mine) would've been ignored or answered with pickax handle in hand.

Anyhow, best not to speculate.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

I went out with a girl from nearby (Brook Hey Ave?) when I worked at Walkers, late 80's

First name R?

She's the only girl in your presumable range, well, the only one I'd have had a dabble at had I been older, the only other girl was year or so younger than me...

A good mate lived on Brook Hey.

1 minute ago, Youri McAnespie said:

First name R?

She's the only girl in your presumable range, well, the only one I'd have had a dabble at had I been older, the only other girl was year or so younger than me...

A good mate lived on Brook Hey.

No, mate. I'm younger than (a) people think and (b) I look.

Edited by Traf

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Some kids think nowt of nipping out these days in the middle of the night, often with parents none the wiser.

Mobile phones ensure open dialogue between peers 24/7.

That's why it's so important to keep them away in school, to create a safe zone as such. 

So much bullying and hate gets spread online,